ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

3d flag plug-in: full-screen size flag issue

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corey Petree
3d flag plug-in: full-screen size flag issue
on Nov 3, 2005 at 12:17:58 pm

I'm attempting to use the "3d flag" plug-in to transition video from full screen to a flapping hanging banner which will be smaller than full screen (similar to the 'transition' tutorial which comes with the plug-in). The flag 'color' source is the same size as the comp it's in, but in order to have it full screen size, I have to resize it manually using the plug-in width & height adjustments to something like 807 x 605. I also get a flag that's smaller than the comp size when I go through the 'creating your first flag' and 'transition' tutorials, attempting to follow the directions carefully. In each case, with preroll set to zero, the flag-to-be is not full screen and must be resized manually. I'm 'reloading' the color setting by setting it to 'none' before choosing the 'full size' layer. Hope my description makes sense. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Corey

--
Corey Petree
(OT: check my user profile for a good guacamole recipe!)

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: 3d flag plug-in: full-screen size flag issue
on Nov 3, 2005 at 7:03:37 pm

Hi Corey.

The default 3D Flag camera is not right on top of the flag, so you'll see a flag that is smaller than the Comp screen even when the Pre-Roll value is 0.0.

There are two ways to move your flag closer:
1. Change the Flagpole Pole Pos Z value to be larger. The larger the value, the closer the flag will be to the camera.
or
2. Add a Camera to your scene and click on the "Use Comp Camera" checkbox within 3D Flag.
Then, when the Pre-Roll value is 0.0 (and your time marker is at time 0.0), the flag should flatly cover the Comp window. If not, you can move the Camera closer to the flag using the standard After Effects camera controls.

Let us know if this helps, or if you have more questions.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]