ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

serge maybe ? layer map size (again)

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
roger burtonserge maybe ? layer map size (again)
by on Oct 17, 2005 at 5:25:35 pm

Hi all and Serge especially as I'm trying to recreate the 'ticket dispenser' trick. I've created a curve in AI and brought it into Invig and have made a file in Pshop to use as a layer map over ALL of the little curved ticket as it comes out of the slot....the pshop file has nothing around it )ie it's trimmed to it's edge) but when I take it into AE and apply it I only see about half of it....the aspect ration of the map and the 'ticket' are much the same....any thoughts please....best ... Roger

Return to posts index

sergeRe: serge maybe ? layer map size (again)
by on Oct 17, 2005 at 11:31:03 pm

Hi Roger,

When you outline your stroke your curve becomes a closed path. In other words your texture will be applied all around your curve that's why you must divide your curve object in half using a transparency map and position your texture map in a comp covering only the other half.
I think I made a project available. If so download it to better understand what I am talking about. If not let me know and I will create one for you.
It is also important to save your curve in IL having it diagonally positioned. This will help you to pricisely know where your mapping will start as Invigorator starts mapping at the bottom left.

Let me know if you need more help.
Salut.
Serge

Return to posts index

Y.D.Re: serge maybe ? layer map size (again)
by on Oct 18, 2005 at 12:38:12 am

Hi Serge, could you direct me to the tutorial on text wrapping around the building? You know, the one that you created the shapes of the walls and animated moving text using transparency to show letters only? I saw it somewhere but I can't find it now.
Thanks very much.

Return to posts index

sergeRe: serge maybe ? layer map size (again)
by on Oct 18, 2005 at 1:53:06 am

Hey,

Here is the link:
http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=2&postid=86...

It was in the AE Forum.
Salut & have fun.
Serge

Return to posts index

by on Oct 19, 2005 at 12:31:51 am

I really appreciate your taking time to do this for me, Serge.

The reason I was looking for this project is because I could not get the text to show in front only. I created the wall shape in Illustrator as per your tutorial and set the transparency in Invigorator, but the text wraps around to the backside.

This problem I am having could be same issue as Roger is having??
Could you explain how to get around this?

Thanks again

Return to posts index

by on Oct 19, 2005 at 12:55:27 am

P.S. I could not open the project file.
After effects error " not enoush memory "
Also, memory leak detected.

I seldom have this sort of problem with my P4 2.66Gig, 2Gigs Ram. with downloaded AEP's. I usually work in 2K size for feature films and no problem there.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Roger BurtonRe: serge maybe ? layer map size (again)
by on Oct 18, 2005 at 5:21:39 am

Ah I see ...I'll give that a go ... obvious really many thanks as ever Serge ....best regards ... roger

Return to posts index

roger burtonRe: serge me again ... stuck
by on Oct 18, 2005 at 12:52:43 pm

I'm probably being thick but I understand about the texture layer working it's way from the backof the, what is in fact a 'solid' ticket with a front and a back but can't work out how to stop the back animating into the slot before the front starts protruding ... please how do I make the back transparent ? ....thanks again for your time ....Roger

Return to posts index

sergeRe: serge me again ... stuck
by on Oct 18, 2005 at 1:00:33 pm

Roger-Send me your project and texture to serge at (nyc-visual dot com)

Salut.
Serge

Return to posts index

Roger BurtonRe: serge me again ... stuck
by on Oct 18, 2005 at 8:15:21 pm

Thanks so much Serge...I'll send it first thing tomorrow when I get to work ... it's 21.00 at the moment in UK .... isn't the cow of the world good ... i was reading an old post of yours earlier today when you mentioned taking, I think, your child to skate somewher in new york and it really struck home ... what a great resource this is and how it alows so many people around the globe with a really simple area of joint interest ... in this case ... after effects ... to communicate .... enough now ....sorry ...two too many beers ... I'll contact you on Wednesday ...best ... Roger

Return to posts index

MaxRe: serge me again ... stuck
by on Oct 19, 2005 at 5:18:14 pm

Salut Serge,

I am still scratching my head over this.
Can you please create a quick Camtasia video detailing this briefly.
Not sure how the transparency comp was used with the animated text i.e. the texture comp.
Where did you use them? mmm lol

Cheers

Max

Return to posts index

sergeAudio-Visual explanation inside
by on Oct 20, 2005 at 9:45:00 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay I was too busy lately.
I created this quick explanation about the transparency mapping issue that you seam to have in common:
http://www.nyc-visual.com/Transparency.mov

Roger buddy, Your corrected aep is here:
http://www.nyc-visual.com/ROG TKT Project.sit

Your problem was that you used your texture map as the transparency map. It doesn't work this way. I explained a couple of things in the aep but you also should have a look at the video.

Y.D, I don't know why you couldn't open the project. Try this new download:
http://www.nyc-visual.com/text_projection.zip

Salut.

Serge

Return to posts index

Y.D.Re: Audio-Visual explanation inside
by on Oct 21, 2005 at 2:48:56 am

Hi Serge, thank you for the video tutorial.
The mask was the answer I was looking for in order to avoid text wrapping to the backside.

I really appreciate your taking the time to explain this.

Return to posts index

sergeRe: Audio-Visual explanation inside
by on Oct 21, 2005 at 3:59:52 am

Hey Y.D,

Glad to hear it worked out for you and that you survived my accent!

Salut.
Serge

Return to posts index

MaxRe: Audio-Visual explanation inside
by on Oct 21, 2005 at 5:43:57 pm

Hey Serge,

Thanks a lot for this tut. It is really appreciated.
So much easier that way. Don't we all hate reading and scratching our heads...? lol
T'as pas

Return to posts index

sergeRe: Audio-Visual explanation inside
by on Oct 22, 2005 at 1:55:05 am

[Max] "T'as pas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]