ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

text flicker

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
D.G.Gibbonstext flicker
by on Oct 6, 2005 at 4:43:17 pm

I'm having a slight problem, after rendering out text as well as some 3D elements I am geting a flicker, it only occurs with elements that have a spinning or rotaing motion on them, is there anyway to correct this?

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: text flicker
by on Oct 12, 2005 at 6:31:47 am

Hi D.G.

A couple of thoughts about flickering:

1. Rendering settings and intended output matter. Are you getting flickering watching an interlaced animation? It won't look right on a computer monitor, but so long as the field order and frame rate are correct, it'll look fine on a television.

2. Antialiasing settings. Using a softer setting may look too soft on a computer monitor, but on an interlaced monitor, it works wonders.

Does this help? If not, be more specific with your situation and we may be able to help.

Jon

Return to posts index

D.G.GibbonsRe: text flicker
by on Oct 15, 2005 at 4:05:56 am

actually I'm having the exact oposite problem, it flickers on television and not on computer monitors.

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: text flicker
by on Oct 18, 2005 at 1:55:05 am

Hi D.G.,

Then I'd double check field order, frame rate to be sure they're compatible with ntsc. You might also try smoother antialiasing settings to soften the hard edges that may "ring" or flicker. It might help to know exactly what is flickering... very small text or very fine horizontal lines have a habit of doing this... red colors are prone to bleeding.... there are other gotchas... but more detail might help find yours quicker.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]