ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

OpenGL Problems With Invigorator 4.0.5 Pro

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
StormDave
OpenGL Problems With Invigorator 4.0.5 Pro
on Sep 10, 2005 at 4:32:36 am

Have a Pentium 4 3.2Ghz HT processor with 2GB of RAM. Using windows XP with SP2. Using After FX 6.5.
The video card is an ATI 9600XT 128MB with 5.8 version (latest) of Catalyst drivers (I have tried 5 more versions).

The issues are:

1) While using Dual Monitors (Dell/Samsung 20.1" each running at 1280x1024 @ 60Hz) and enabling OpenGL with 3x3 Anti-Alias or even no Anti-Alias at all, the "buffer" window shows up but the render output is blank. Even in the Invig window when you hold down CTRL and press Test.

2) Disabling the right monitor (2nd) and restarting After FX and working with one monitor works with Invigorator and OpenGL. Buffer is fine.

3) While After FX is still open, I minimize it, go into the display properties and enable the second monitor. Now I go back to AE, and stretch back the window contents to fit both monitors, the OpenGL window works now! Turning off After FX and then starting it again gives the issue described in #1.

Please Zax, if you can test this out at your offices, that would be great. Thank you very much for releasing an industry standard 3d plugin for AE! In the meantime I've been using 3d Invigorator for a long time with the software mode.

Best Regards,
SD

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: OpenGL Problems With Invigorator 4.0.5 Pro
on Sep 10, 2005 at 5:04:54 pm

Hi StormDave.

I'll try to recreate your scenario here and let you know what I find.

To be clear, are you using the Invigorator Software renderer or the Invigorator Hi-Quality GL renderer?

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

StormDave
on Sep 12, 2005 at 12:28:12 am

Hi Matt. I would like to use the OpenGL renderer, if it worked.

I am using the software renderer because of the problems with OpenGL I've been having. Obviously OpenGL is faster than Software mode, so making this work would be great.

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
on Sep 12, 2005 at 7:03:02 pm

Hi StormDave.

It seems that we have a bug in the Hi-Quality GL renderer when we can't do it offscreen.
When using multiple monitors, the graphics card can't do our rendering offscreen, so we default
to an onscreen method (I'm sure you've seen the flashing FL render windows). However, once
we've done the rendering, we don't seem to be getting the correct data back from GL.

For now, you should either use a single monitor or the software renderer.

I'll look into the bug and let you know when it's fixed.

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

stormdave
on Sep 12, 2005 at 7:26:14 pm

Thank you Matt!

A lot of people use dual monitors, so I think this would be a great bug fix.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
on Sep 12, 2005 at 8:22:38 pm

Hi StormDave.

Please email me (matt@zaxwerks.com). I'd like to send you a pre-release version of v4.0.6
that contains a fix for your dual-monitor problem.

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

StormDave
on Sep 12, 2005 at 9:28:03 pm

Done

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]