ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

3d layer track doesnt update dynamically

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hemanth
3d layer track doesnt update dynamically
on Aug 10, 2005 at 9:21:07 am

we have just got 3d invigorator 4 pro

I have imported a 3ds mesh. The 3d layer track doesnt update dynamically though all other stuff updates
and it updates only if i purge all, but i cant do it for every single parameter change

plz help. Am I missing something

Return to posts index

John Dickinson
Re: 3d layer track doesnt update dynamically
on Aug 10, 2005 at 11:26:50 pm

It's a limitation of how After Effects works with plug-ins unfortunately. Click on my head above and check out the 3D Object Tracking Part 1 and Part 2 tutorials for more info.

best,

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks
http://www.motionworks.com.au

Return to posts index

Danny Dodge
on Aug 11, 2005 at 3:57:27 pm

John,
Thanks very much for posting the tutorials. They are very helpfull. I just produced a magnifying glass in illustrator and imported it into after fx using zax. Then I positioned the elements and gave it materials. After that I reset everything to center and gave the object a controller layer. Everything tracks perfectly except for the z axis. When I move the controller on the z axis it amplifies the movement of the magnifying glass z axis, moving it much more dramatically that the controller. Any thoughts.
Thanks,
Danny

Return to posts index

Danny Dodge
on Aug 11, 2005 at 3:59:17 pm

John,
Thanks very much for posting the tutorials. They are very helpfull. I just produced a magnifying glass in illustrator and imported it into after fx using zax. Then I positioned the elements and gave it materials. After that I reset everything to center and gave the object a controller layer. Everything tracks perfectly except for the z axis. When I move the controller on the z axis it amplifies the movement of the magnifying glass z axis, moving it much more dramatically that the controller. Any thoughts.
Thanks,
Danny

Return to posts index

John Dickinson
on Aug 11, 2005 at 11:50:05 pm

Hi Danny,
I'm having trouble recreating your problem. Can you email me the file to take a look at?

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks

Return to posts index

John Dickinson
on Aug 12, 2005 at 6:39:58 am

Danny from what I can see the Invigorator layers appear to be tracking the controller layer perfectly. The only thing I changed was your controller layer size, it doesn't need to be at the comp size - 1280 x 720! I made it 100 x 100 pixels which makes it much easier to see what's going on. Are you sure you are toggling the invigorator layer's quality switches on and off after you make a change to the contoller layer to get the Invigorator layers to update?

best,

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks

Return to posts index

Danny Dodge
on Aug 12, 2005 at 3:04:23 pm

Jon,
I've definitely been toggling the control. It may just be a system specific problem. I'm going to try reinstalling and see if that works. Thanks for all the help! I'll let you know what happens.
Danny

Return to posts index

hemanth
on Aug 20, 2005 at 9:06:48 am

thanks john for the reply
i am kind of confused, we have trapcode particular here which does the same kind of layer tracking though its not as fast update as others it does the job pretty convicingly,
is invigorator missing something?

Return to posts index

John Dickinson
on Aug 21, 2005 at 10:55:55 pm

I think you'll find that Particular's version of layer tracking and Invigorator's version of layer tracking are quite different. Zax or Mark would probably be able to give you a technical explanation as to why the Comp window doesn't update automatically.

best,

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]