ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

wireframe and hidden lines tut question

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandonwireframe and hidden lines tut question
by on Jul 10, 2005 at 8:40:25 pm

I was wondering what your fractal noise setting looked like when creating the sphere with the blocks appearing inside the wireframe sphere? I made the sphere and and everything else, but I dont think my fractal noise is set up right. I used block noise type and adjust my contrast and brightness, but the blocks are linked together when they appear on the sphere. How do you get that space in between the blocks and to get them to sit inbetween the wires of the sphere? Thanks

Return to posts index

John DickinsonRe: wireframe and hidden lines tut question
by on Jul 10, 2005 at 9:45:47 pm

Hi Brandon,
I used the Grid effect. There is an example project included with the tutorial. Take a look at that and let me know if you have any questions :)

JD

Return to posts index

BrandonRe: wireframe and hidden lines tut question
by on Jul 10, 2005 at 9:51:20 pm

I did exactly that too. and it works pretty well, except how do you get them to randomly appear? I tried card wipe effect, but that didn't work at all. Also, how did you get the boxes to line up in the grid? I tried re-adjusting the grid size, but that really work either. Thanks

Return to posts index

john dickinsonRe: wireframe and hidden lines tut question
by on Jul 11, 2005 at 12:19:47 am

The random appearance is created using the evolution parameter of Fractal Noise. If you select the fractal noise layer and press UU you'll see all the parameters that have been adjusted. To get the boxes to line up with the grid just takes a little tweaking. I created the fractal noise map first. I used the Scale Width and Scale Height then the Turbulence Offset parameter. I then created the Grid to "fit" by adjusting the Height and Width parameters.

regards,

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks
http://www.motionworks.com.au

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]