Re: Animating Materials by Matt Rhodes on Jun 22, 2005 at 6:22:51 pm
At this point the Invigorator doesn't support animated colors.
However, by cleverly using Layer Maps, you can animate the materials.
The (abbreviated) steps would be:
- Create a secondary Comp (call it Comp B) that is just a Solid with an animated color.
- Add Comp B to your main Comp and turn off its visibility.
- Find the "Layer Map 1" parameter for the Invig layer and select "Comp B".
- Open the Invig Options window and create a new material using Layer Map 1 for the color map.
- Assign that new material to your text objects and close the Options window.
- Your text should now use the colors from Comp B.
You can use a similar technique for animated bump maps, specular maps, reflections, etc.