ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Need to create teddy bear image - Please help.

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ykeinan7Need to create teddy bear image - Please help.
by on May 23, 2005 at 6:45:05 pm

Need to create a teddy bear image for a kids project. What is the best way to approach? I tried with importing Illustrator file, but I am not sure this is the best approach. appreciate help.

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Need to create teddy bear image - Please help.
by on May 24, 2005 at 2:51:02 am

Hi ykeinan7,

You can use the basic Illustrator teddy bear shapes and create something like a "gingerbread man" type of bear really easily. Use the half pipe bevel to round the edges of your shape. Change the depth to adjust the thickness of your bear.

If you're looking for a bear with a more realistic shape you might want to import a model.

Does the bear move? Give us more specifics and we might be able to provide more focused answers. Hope this helps.

Jon

Return to posts index

ykeinan7Re: Need to create teddy bear image - Please help.
by on May 24, 2005 at 6:45:10 pm

Thanks for your help. I would need a more realistic teddy bear figure. The bear doesn't move (no internal moves), but I would like to animate its scale, position and rotation properties. I would like to map on it a furr texture. What would be the besgt way to go from here?? (btw, where are the built it Illustrator teddy bear shapes?).

Return to posts index

by on May 25, 2005 at 5:26:09 am

Hello again,

If you need realism, your best bet would be to import a 3d bear object created in another application. Several sites have libraries of free objects. Invigorator supports many model file formats, howeverr texturing on imported objects is somewhat limited.. make sure the model you choose includes uv coordinates.

I suspect you could build your own bear using primative shapes if less realism is okay.

Invig does allow animation of a set's z scale, position and rotation. This ability plus apparent scaling done by moving the object in space could give you the kind of motion you're talking about.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

by on May 25, 2005 at 3:41:27 pm

That really helps. Thanks. By the way, do you have web address of the sites you mentioned that have free 3D models?

Return to posts index

by on May 25, 2005 at 10:32:31 pm

Try 3Dcafe.com for starters.

Turbosquid.com also has lots of models for sale.

Jon

Return to posts index

SergeRe: Need to create teddy bear image - Please help.
by on May 25, 2005 at 5:25:37 pm

Hi,

Check this little fellow out:

http://www.nyc-visual.com/teddy.jpg

http://www.nyc-visual.com/teddy_2.jpg

I did it for you using Invigorator only. If it may help out, I will clean the aep and upload it for you as well as explain a couple of things.

Salut.
Serge

Return to posts index

by on May 25, 2005 at 10:38:02 pm

Way to go, Serge.

You proved the point about primatives. After working with Invigorator for a while, I started to break down just about everything around me into primative shapes. It's kind of how I think about television. The fact that I'm in the business makes me want to analyze technique all the time. Sometimes it gets in the way of enjoying the show, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jon

Return to posts index

by on May 25, 2005 at 11:38:53 pm

[Jon Okerstrom] "but I wouldn't have it any other way."

The same here Jon; that

Return to posts index

by on May 26, 2005 at 8:35:49 pm

Hi Serge,
It looks great - you keep doing this magic, and I am surprised everytime. I would appreciate if you can help me recreate this nice teddy bear. I understand that you did it all with Invigorator's primitives together with layer maps. Thanks again, and waiting anxiously to recreate this magic by myself (with your help hopefully).
Yaron

Return to posts index

by on May 31, 2005 at 3:23:06 pm

Hi Yaron,

Sorry for the delay but I was out of town.
Here is the project:
http://www.nyc-visual.com/Teddy.sit

What you need to do is first load the included custom edges in your "Custom Edge" folder that is located in your Zaxwerks folder. You will apply those to a tinny circle (like the one used to create a sphere) to shape the legs and arms of your teddy.
The rest are simply spheres that are slightly squeezed with the "Object Scale" tool.

I created the fur map by taking a picture from my jacket, importing it into PS to make it tillable and transforming the top and bottom to avoid the pinches that generally occur at the poles of the sphere.

Let me know if you have questions.

Salut.
Serge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]