I seem to be noticing a long delay when going into the edit screen (red ball). It takes between 30-40 seconds, each time, that I go into it (this adds up quickly). It doesn't matter how simple the project is. Is anyone else experiencing this?
For the Invigorator 4.x, we've moved all of the project swatches into global swatch bins
on your hard drive. These bins get loaded each time the Set-Up window is opened.
One way to speed up the loading of the swatches is to delete the ones that you
don't think you'll need.
A safe way to do this is to first back up your Zaxwerks Swatches folder (located in the
same folder at your Invigorator plug-in) and then use the Set-Up window interface
to delete the swatches you don't want. Note that there are:
- Object Style swatches
- Material swatches
- Light swatches
- Lighting Style swatches
If you ever find yourself wanting your old swatches, you can copy the files
from your backup folder into the appropriate swatch folder.
The delay you're seeing is the Invig loading the new global swatches from disk.
If you find that you just don't need all of them, back up your Zaxwerks Swatches folder
and then delete the swatches you won't need from within the Invigorator.
- Locate the folder where the Invigorator plug-in is installed
- Back up the Zaxwerks Swatches folder just in case you want to access them later
- Open the Invigorator within After Effects
- Delete the swatches you don't think you'll need
- Note that there are 4 swatch bins (Object Styles, Materials, Lights, and Lighting Styles)