ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Still struggling with errors...

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric SteinbergStill struggling with errors...
by on May 13, 2005 at 9:00:50 am

Greetings!

I am still having problems with getting Invigorator PRO for AE to work properly. I have upgraded to version 4.0.4, but the problem is still there. If I just create a project with one solid with Invig applied, and don't do anything more than an extremely simple thing, things seem to work ok. But as soon as other layers and effects are introduced, and I try to use Invig, errors appear in this order:

"GL Setup failure: Setup pixel format"
"There has been a problem with Open GL. Please update your Video card drivers and try again (2)"
"After Effects error: Not enough memory to complete operation (*2)(4)(25::101)"

I click OK on each of these windows, then it usually brings all those errors up a second time, and then the errors stop. I can then either save the project or delete Invig, but if I try to do ANYTHING else in the project, the errors come back.

I do have the latest driver for my video card.

Here's my system specs:

Windows XP Pro Sp1
Pentium 4 2.8
2Gig RAM
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 Mb.
Matrox RT.X100 capture
AE 6.5 Pro

I have tried sliding the hardware accelarator for the Vid. Card to a lower setting, and it seems to help a little bit, but not completely. Maybe there is something in my settings that is wrong? Could someone maybe post a detailed suggestion for all the recommended OpenGL settings in AE and in Invig; including memory settings, settings for the video card, etc, etc. ?

This is in theory a great piece of software, and so many people seem to be able to use this without problems. But I have spent so much time (years!) trying to get this software to work bug-free, and every time I get it going, a new upgrade to either Invig or AE comes along, and then there are problems again. I'm sorry to say that if I can't get this to work on a more permanent basis, I'm going to have to abandon using it. I know it's probably something on my end, but the reality is that if I don't find a solution this time, I just can't waste anymore time trying to get it to work. I just sold a concept to a client based on using Invig, and the crashes are preventing me from doing the project the way I said I could. Anyway, I hope someone can help me so I can use Invig, it is the only plugin now that gives me grief.

Kind regards,
Eric

Return to posts index

Zax DowRe: Still struggling with errors...
by on May 13, 2005 at 9:30:09 pm

Hi Eric,

Since the error message says to update your drivers, did you? Do that first. You need to get the latest drivers from the ATI website not the Microsoft website. Even if you think you have the latest drivers loaded, reinstall them anyway as a reinstall can often clean up problems that don't go away any other way.

As an alternative, remove the OpenGL plug-in from your After Effects plug-ins folder.
After Effects >Plug-ins >Standard >Extensions >OpenGL 3D.aex

Tell us what you find.

Best,
Zax

Return to posts index

Eric SteinbergRe: Still struggling with errors...
by on May 20, 2005 at 12:06:52 pm

Zax, you were right on the money; I thought I had the latest driver, but installing a version from ATI seemed to make the crashes go away for now! Thanks! I now have a different challenge, but I'll describe that in a separate post, since it's not related to this issue.

Kind regards,
Eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]