Hi. I am having issues with stair stepping on rectangular objects when they are rendered in the best setting. In fact, I see very little difference between the draft and best quality modes. The lighting is the only really apparant difference between the two. I imported a logo (.ai file) and set up all of the different layers as groups, got it all animated the way I like it, and now when I render it in "best quality" settings, the quality of the final animation is pretty poor. The aliasing actually occurs on all of the edges, but is most apparant on the rectangular boxes, set at angles (as one might expect.) I am running out of things to try. I figure I must be doing something wrong. Please help.
The first thing to check is your anti-aliasing settings.
To do this, do the following:
1. Open the Effect Controls Window (ECW) for your Invig layer.
2. Open the Invigorator Set-Up window by clicking on the Options button.
3. Open the Camera tab (below the 3D Preview window).
4. In the middle of that tab is a menu that usually says something like "3x3 +0.6".
5. If it says "No AntiAliasing" then AA is turned off. Select "3x3 +0.6" or another
level that may suit your needs better.
6. Click OK to close the Options window.
7. Save your scene and rerender.
If your AA level is not set to "No AntiAliasing" then I'd appreciate it if you
could either send me your .aep file (no media files needed) or
post a picture of what you're seeing.