ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

complex illustrator files

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
roger burton
complex illustrator files
on May 10, 2005 at 2:00:05 pm

I think I know the answer but thought someone may have agood idea...I have to turn a ton of sports badges/logos into 3d....the eps files are really complicated and I really only need the outline for my badge depth (I then convert the eps into a pict for mapping) ... I seem to be taking ages cleaning up the illustrator files...any thoughts please ?...best...Roger

Return to posts index

john dickinson
Re: complex illustrator files
on May 11, 2005 at 3:20:28 am

If you're only needing the outline, why not use the Unite setting in the Pathfinder...

John Dickinson
Motionworks
http://www.motionworks.com.au

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on May 11, 2005 at 3:38:11 am

Hi guys,

Perhaps the brand new Illustrator CS2 will provide the answer for challenges like this. It includes a bitmap to vector converter that's sort of like the old Adobe Streamline, but from what I've seen, it's a lot more powerful and flexible.

I have the CS2 upgrade and will give it a go, when I get a chance to get it installed.

Otherwise, you may just have to do it by hand. It goes pretty quickly after you've done a few logo conversions. ;-)

Jon

Return to posts index

roger burton
on May 11, 2005 at 11:20:23 am

Thanks John and Jon I'll try both (that's if the Co. I work for will shell out for the CS2 ugrade...'cause I really only use Illustrator for Zaxwerks) ! thanks again...Roger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]