ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Zaxwerx nagging me

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laurie Pepper
Zaxwerx nagging me
on May 5, 2005 at 7:29:13 pm

Every time I start a new 3d invig pro scene in an After Effects project or try to modify an existing one, Zaxwerx asks me to locate a particular .ai file. But when I do locate it, it is dimmed. It is NOT AN .ai FILE I AM CURRENTLY using. How do I make it stop asking? It's irritating and takes time. I hit "skip" every time but it can't remember I don't want it. Do have have to start a brandnew after effects proj every time I decide to forget about a previously used .ai file?

Ms Pepper

Return to posts index

lasvideo
Re: Zaxwerx nagging me
on May 5, 2005 at 7:36:35 pm

Yes, definately annoying. I also want to know how to prevent this!

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
on May 5, 2005 at 8:25:47 pm

Hi Ms. Pepper.

Can you tell me the exact name of the file that it's requesting?

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Laurie Pepper
on May 5, 2005 at 9:11:10 pm

very fast.ai

Ms Pepper

Return to posts index

Zax Dow
on May 5, 2005 at 10:17:49 pm

This is pretty strange. The Invig never asks for Illustrator files, it only asks for missing maps used by materils or object styles.

1- Is it possible that you opened the .ai file in Photoshop and then saved it as a .tga or .jpg or .pct file but left it's name the same?

2- Do a search on your computer for this name and see if it appears more than once. The fact that the file is dimmed when you navigate to it shows that that really isn't the file it is asking for. It may have the same name, but it's not the correct file type.

3- Are you restarting with a "template project" each time? Does this problem happen when you create a completely new project from scratch?

4- If it is asking for a map there is a material or object style in this project that uses that map. The material or object style doesn't have to be applied to an object to get this message. At some point in the past you have saved a material or object style to the bins and then moved the map that it needed. To fix it you need to figure out which material or object style wants this map and then delete it from the bin.

Best,
Zax

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
on May 5, 2005 at 10:19:56 pm

Hi Laurie and Lasvideo.

We'll need a little more information from you.

Laurie or Lasvideo: Could you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?
(send it to: matt@zaxwerks.com)
Or at least give me a detailed description of what the dialog says, including
the title of the dialog, any text in the dialog, and the button names.

Lasvideo: Are you having trouble with a file named "very fast.ai"?

I'm not quite sure what we're looking at here just yet.

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Laurie Pepper
on May 5, 2005 at 10:23:31 pm

I have a feeling that Zax has put his finger on it. I suspected it might be looking for a material. This has happened to me before, so I think I may be doing something that puts a new material into the bin and then trash it from where-ever it was or disconnect the fw drive, etc. I'm gonna try doing what he suggested and see what happens. I'll let you know. P.S. I love Zaxwerx.

Ms Pepper

Return to posts index

lasvideo
on May 5, 2005 at 10:53:52 pm

Yes, Zaxs "material" explanation seems to ring true. I my case it as asking for a file of another name. I will need to id the culprit and eliminate it.

Return to posts index

Laurie Pepper
on May 5, 2005 at 11:27:48 pm

Okay.... I couldn't identify what material or object style wanted the map in order to delete. What I did was offer it another material from my folder. It seemed happy with that and isn't bugging me anymore.

Ms Pepper

Return to posts index

Zax Dow
on May 6, 2005 at 12:15:01 am

Good creating problem solving, Laurie.

This brings up the point that we need an easier way to identify which materials are missing maps. I'll add this as a feature request.

Currently if a material is missing a map there will be a little question mark (?) where the thumbnail of the map appears. The only problem with this is that you have to load each material one at a time, into the material editor to see if it has one of these questions marks.

Perhaps a command such as "select materials with missing maps" or "select problem materials" would help smooth out this process?

Anyway, glad you're running smoothly again.

Best,
-Zax

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]