ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

.3DS

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ccsmith7.3DS
by on May 3, 2005 at 3:25:46 am

I am a little confused. I have AE Pro with Invig 4.03 windows version. I am trying to figure out how to import a 3DS file into Invig 4.03. I am creating the file in Ulead COOL 3D Production Studio. I do not see where I can import anything into Invig 4.03. I see where I can Create Text, open Ill File, Creative 3D file or Create new scene. Am I missing something? Also I tried to upgrade to 4.04 but I never get the email link. Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: .3DS
by on May 3, 2005 at 4:34:14 am

Hi ccsmith7,

You said you had AE Pro, but didn't mention which version of Invig you have - Classic or Pro. Invigorator Pro allows you to import 3D models from other aps.

Jon

Return to posts index

ccsmith7Re: .3DS
by on May 3, 2005 at 6:01:44 pm

Pro Invig 4.03 AE

Return to posts index

Matt RhodesRe: .3DS
by on May 3, 2005 at 5:23:59 am

Hi.

Assuming you're using Invig Pro (it seems you are since you can create text), you have two options:

1. When the Startup dialog (the one that gives you the options to create text, open an Ill file, etc.) appears,
type Ctrl+I (or Cmd+I on the Mac) -- as in Import a 3D Object. A file dialog will ask you to locate your 3D file.

or

2. When the Startup dialog appears, create a new scene. Then, in the Options/Set-Up window, open the Object tab below
the 3D preview window. Inside that tab, there is an Object menu has an option called "Import 3D Object." Choose that option. A file
dialog will ask you to locate your 3D file.

Let me know if you need more assistance on any of these steps. I realize I made a few assumptions regarding your
level of expertise with the software.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]