ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

Help!! Need Invig. Classic V. 3.0.8 Mac

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
postman
Help!! Need Invig. Classic V. 3.0.8 Mac
on Apr 29, 2005 at 2:06:26 pm

I upgraded to 3.1.0 and it crashes all the time. I don't have time to troubleshoot.
Trying to build an election animation and after about 5 steps into animating it crashes. (5 Steps forward, 10 Back!)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, postman

G5 Dual 2.0Ghz
4GB Ram
OSX 10.3.9
ATI 9800 Graphics Card

Return to posts index

postman
Re: Help!! Need Invig. Classic V. 3.0.8 Mac
on Apr 29, 2005 at 3:06:23 pm

I found my original version 3.0 disk....whooo it saved my bacon.
postman

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
on Apr 29, 2005 at 3:52:18 pm

Hi Postman.

When you have a few minutes, I'd appreciate it if you could describe the problems you're having with v3.1.0 in detail.

I'd like to see if the software is crashing at a particular step.

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

postman
on May 2, 2005 at 3:07:21 pm

Okay Matt, here goes....
I installed the plug-in as instructed by the install notes that were part of the download.
I opened my project of last years election animation so that I could update it. Only parts of the animation came up in AE's preview window. I had 5 AE layers with different parts of the animation on each. When I went to edit the layers that didn't preview, the plug-in window (effects palette preview) wouldn't update or even let me jump into the plug-in. (The red button) Actually, it was blank. (The other keyframe parameters below the preview were there...camera, lights, sets etc..... Next, I went to the layers that did show up and tried to edit them. I was able to edit a layer a few times before the plug-in would lock up like the others and not preview in either the effects palette or AE's preview window. This lock-up happened most often after I turned the caps lock on or off.

Also, after editing a layer I would hit cmmd s and AE would not follow through. My logic was to save what work I was able to do and then trash the preferences and relaunch the application. After hitting cmmd s, I hit cmmd q and the program would ask me if I would like to save before quitting. It never did let me save the project correctly. Occasionally AE would crash and then it would let me save. (The file always came up as corrupt and unopenable.)

That's about it....
I changed back to version 3 and all was well.

Hope this helps....If you need futher info, please e-mail me at postman812@aol.com
postman

My system specs.
G5 dual 2Ghz, 4GB Ram
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
FCP 4.5HD, AE 6.0, Photoshop 8, Illustrator 11

Return to posts index

Don Holland
on May 9, 2005 at 4:42:18 pm

This sounds exactly like my problem. Did you install an older version of classic and did that help?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]