importing illustrator file issues
by kiel on Apr 26, 2005 at 6:57:40 pm
i have an illustrator file of an NBA team logo. I cannot for the life of me get this to display correctly in invigorator pro. is it that this file is simply unsuitable for invigorator? if so what needs to be changed?
Ive been working at this for a month but im at the end of my rope.
Re: importing illustrator file issues by Matt Rhodes on Apr 26, 2005 at 8:32:37 pm
Your file has many pieces grouped together, which means that everything
gets imported as a single unit into the Invigorator.
The Invigorator will make each ungrouped piece its own object.
Each object can have its own material, bevel, etc.
I would suggest doing the following:
1. In Illustrator, ungroup all of the elements of the logo.
2. Group together the shapes that should have the same color
(such as the specular highlight shapes on the letters and lightning bolt).
3. Save the changes to a new file.
4. Import the new file into the Invigorator, checking the "Use Illustrator Colors"
checkbox in the "Select Artwork" import dialog.
5. The imported shapes will all have the same bevel, so everything will sit at the save level and have the same depth.
6. Select each imported object and change its Depth value so that you can see each individual object.
7. Change the materials and object styles as necessary.