Of course I know that I'm doing something wrong...
I made a rectangular box that I'm using for a video screen, but I decided I wanted 3 of them, so I use the duplicate object and made 3 of them. They all can be assigned to diffrent sets and act as 3 independant objects, BUT when I go and assign a layer map on the front surface of the first box, it applies itself to the front surface of ALL the objects. So, Was it because I use the duplicate feature? Should I have made 3 seperate boxes from scratch? Thanks for the help!
When you duplicate an object, it links the original materials to the duplicated objects,
as you've seen.
To remove this link, do the following:
1. Open the 3D Invigorator Set-Up Window
2. Select a duplicated object
3. Open the Object Styles tab in the upper-right corner of the Set-Up window
4. Find the Swatch menu next to the Object Styles tab
5. Select "Unlink Object Style"
6. Repeat steps 2-5 for additional objects
Your selected object(s) will now be independent of the original object, so you can
specify a different object style or material for each one.
Try the steps above and let us know if you need more assistance.