ZAXWERKS: Zaxwerks Forum Zaxwerks Tutorials

SHADOWS. Where are they.

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Whishaw
SHADOWS. Where are they.
on Apr 8, 2005 at 8:12:25 am

This is probably a very basic question but I can't seem to get shadows to appear in my Zax composition. I have various layers and have experimented with various lights (I have enabled shadows), but I can't seem to get the forward layers to cast shadows on the layers futher back.

Thanks in advance for any tips or tutorials.

Return to posts index

Vinnie
Re: SHADOWS. Where are they.
on Apr 8, 2005 at 2:41:09 pm

Shadows only show when the layer is set to best. The little dash line where the shy layer switch and adjustment layer switch. Or inside the Invigorator window you can hold down apple or control and click on the ok button which should have changed to Test.

Invigorator does not renders shadows in draft mode allowing for faster rendering so you can work faster.

Good luck....Read the manual it in there.

Vinnie

Return to posts index

Vinnie
on Apr 8, 2005 at 2:41:16 pm

Shadows only show when the layer is set to best. The little dash line where the shy layer switch and adjustment layer switch. Or inside the Invigorator window you can hold down apple or control and click on the ok button which should have changed to Test.

Invigorator does not renders shadows in draft mode allowing for faster rendering so you can work faster.

Good luck....Read the manual its in there.

Vinnie

Return to posts index

Vinnie
on Apr 8, 2005 at 2:41:44 pm

Good luck....Read the manual its in there.

Vinnie

Return to posts index

Paul Whishaw
on Apr 8, 2005 at 7:32:47 pm

Hey Vinnie,

All my layers are set to best and the comp resolution is set to full. Will AE cast a shadow from a Zax layer onto another Zax layer if both layers have custom layer maps? I don't see why not. Do I have to use a special camera / light combo or what?

Return to posts index

Vinnie
on Apr 11, 2005 at 2:31:47 pm

Are you using the comps lights?

But I dont know if it would work that way anyway. Invigorator keeps each effect in its own space. It handles each effect that you apply independantly. Like two seperate 3D programs. for instance you can place two Invigorators behind each other in Z space but when you flip flop layers it puts whatever one is on top in layer order regardless of that Z space priority. OK I am confused now....

Try rendering out the models independantly with an alpha then bringing them back in. That will give you shadows but it may lose the 3D properties you are wanting.

Hope that helps...
vinnie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]