MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100 to XML CRASHING

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Stillman
M100 to XML CRASHING
on Dec 7, 2016 at 6:06:09 pm

I'M TRYING TO EXPORT A LONG FORM PROGRAM (97 MINS) W/ 5 VIDEO TRACKS AND 8 AUDIO TRACK TO AN XML FILE AND MY SYSTEM KEEPS CRASHING. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? THANKS.

Return to posts index

Andrew Mehta
Re: M100 to XML CRASHING
on Dec 7, 2016 at 6:40:47 pm
Last Edited By Andrew Mehta on Dec 7, 2016 at 6:50:59 pm

Hello.

It's a known bug on modern MacOS versions, and will always crash (although it may have once worked on an older version of OSX - I'm on Mavericks and still get the crash though).

There's a solution!
You can get a good After Effects XML exported from Media 100 without any crash, by going to File->Export->After Effects...

Return to posts index

Andrew Mehta
Re: M100 to XML CRASHING
on Dec 7, 2016 at 6:46:17 pm

What is the reason for needing the XML?

Terry recently shared a method to go from Media 100 to Adobe Premiere Pro:
"There is a bit of a workaround - spent days trying to get it to work! If you try to go straight to PP from Media 100 you get a "generic error" message when you try to import the XML into PP. However, you can "export to After Effects". The XML (more or less) opens fine in After Effects. If you try to export an XML from After Effects and open it in Premiere once again you will get a "generic error" message. However, within After Effects you can save it as a Premiere Pro Project which then will open fine in PP!"

Media 100 will handle Premiere Pro XML directly:
"Did a quick test Andrew and it worked fine going from PP to Media 100 via XML. Didn't need to go to After Effects first. It was a super simple straight cut test with three clips but worked fine. You will just need to make sure that your PP clips are in a codec Media 100 can handle. I used ProRes clips in my test. Strange that you can do directly that way but M100 out to PP doesn't work directly."

The source of my information are Terry's replies to this Facebook post:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Media100Suite/permalink/1333158980046935/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]