MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Criticism of Media 100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Slowe
Criticism of Media 100
on Mar 1, 2016 at 11:37:14 am

I've just seen (and commented on) an incredible attack on our beloved editing tool. It appears on the Facebook Media 100 Group forum. I can't quite understand the difference between the Cow forum and this other group. Why are they not the same thing? Can Andrew please explain, and, I'm sorry that I missed you at the London BVE show last week.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Jaeson Koszarsky
Re: Criticism of Media 100
on Mar 1, 2016 at 8:55:09 pm

Not sure which thread you refer too. The dinosaur comment?

I definitely prefer the Creative Cow forum over using facebook. But FB may attract more attention to M100, positive & negative.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Mar 3, 2016 at 10:57:40 pm

See the latest Facebook Media 100 posts. They now have 172 members, I too would prefer our Media 100 matters being discussed here on The Cow but somehow the group just formed and grew. There's been a great publicity release about Media 100 by Boris FX. They really do appear to be trying to drum up interest and, as they so eloquently explain, it is the best!

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Andrew Mehta
on Mar 4, 2016 at 1:19:42 am

No worries about BVE, =).
Was great getting a message from you Michael, =).
Would be happy to phone sometime.

It's only an incredible attack, BECAUSE, it's our beloved editing tool, =). Try not to take it too badly.
BorisFX could do with a kick up the backside to get a modern Media100 out there, ;-).[Still want a 64bit future for the program! ^_^].

Not sure I can explain why The Creative Cow and Facebook are different, ^_^. Maybe because Ron Lindeboom and Mark Zuckerberg are different people? =).

What I will say is, Floh's knowledge and advice is awesome, and this still appears to be the best place to engage him, and in general, resolve technical issues.

Are you telling me you feel it's unnecessary duplication? As though the two forums are moreorless the same, and it's annoying having to keep track of Media100 conversations across two websites?

You mentioned you prefer the Creative Cow. I try to share most of what's on here on the Facebook Group too, so hopefully the audiences for both will grow.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Mar 7, 2016 at 8:42:13 pm

Andrew, I'm afraid that my problem is that I'm not of the Facebook generation!

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Jaeson Koszarsky
on Mar 7, 2016 at 8:46:35 pm

Facebook is a less professional forum and a king of data mining. Given the choice of only one venue, I'd choose creative cow over fb. Usenet anyone?

Return to posts index

Andrew Mehta
on Mar 7, 2016 at 9:35:21 pm

And there was me initially asking Marcus if it should be a LinkedIn group! ^_^ Heehee.

Actually, Marcus gave a great response, pointing out there's no reason Media 100 can't be all over a bunch of social media sites in this day and age.

As for your generational comment, Michael - I'm the MySpace generation, ^_^. Where's my space on the internet gone? I miss my Top 8 friends, ^_^. Haha....

http://www.myspace.com/ajmetz'>https://web.archive.org/web/20090706220458/http://www.myspace.com/ajmetz

Return to posts index

Ben Price
on Mar 11, 2016 at 6:30:39 pm

The CreativeCow forum is definitely a better place for tech / troubleshooting questions simply because the forum is searchable. It is a knowledge base that we users can refer to first for whatever ails us. However, the FB page is likely a little more immediate in terms of response time AND Facebook allows for the inclusion of photos and video in support of comments submitted to the help request.

---------------------
System #1
---------------------
MacPro4.1 OS10.8
Single 2.66GHz Quad-core Xeon
3GB RAM
Media100 Suite 2.1.2
Kona LHi

---------------------
System #2
---------------------
MacPro3.1 OS10.8
Dual 2.8GHz Quad-core Xeon
8GB RAM
Media100 Suite 2.1.2
Kona LHi

---------------------
System #3
---------------------
MacBook Pro OS10.9
13" Retina, Late 2013
Single 2.4GHz Intel-core i5 (4-cores)
8GB RAM
Media100 Suite 2.1.4
No input card

Return to posts index

Jaeson Koszarsky
on Mar 11, 2016 at 6:36:34 pm

Photos? Like this?

Return to posts index

Andrew Mehta
on Mar 11, 2016 at 6:53:41 pm

Who remembers the DMN Forums, =)....?
Haha.... ^_^
http://forums.digitalmedianet.com/cgi-bin/displaywwugindex.fcgi?forum=media...

Return to posts index

Ben Price
on Mar 11, 2016 at 7:17:11 pm

Well... ok... I sit corrected.

I've honestly never seen an embedded photo in any of these forum threads. I just went back through the forum and randomly sampled about 20 of the longer subject threads and couldn't find any. I also did a search by 'photo' and came up with one linked photo (that was to the FB page).

Perhaps there are others like me who have simply assumed (incorrectly) that this CC forum doesn't support photos? Thank you for showing my error. I will certainly use this option in the future.

---------------------
System #1
---------------------
MacPro4.1 OS10.8
Single 2.66GHz Quad-core Xeon
3GB RAM
Media100 Suite 2.1.2
Kona LHi

---------------------
System #2
---------------------
MacPro3.1 OS10.8