MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

MultiClip editing

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus WarrenMultiClip editing
by on Jan 27, 2016 at 8:32:47 pm

Hi all. I want to edit a two camera interview, but I only want to use the audio from one of the cameras. How do I set that up in MultiClip so that when I switch to 2nd camera for video, I am keeping the audio from the first camera?
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Marcus WarrenRe: MultiClip editing
by on Jan 28, 2016 at 2:27:55 am

I got my MiultiClip switching question answered but now my switches aren't being recorded to the timeline. In fact the CTI is not moving at all when I have the multi display up in one of the of the monitors. I can play back and switch in the Edit Suite but nothing gets recorded. If I am able to make the CTI move the MultiClip display goes away. I'm thinking there's something very simple that I'm missing but it's frustrating because I need to finish this project tonight. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 28, 2016 at 2:50:46 am

I have been able to get the timeline CTI to move as it should and I'm switching but still no takes are recorded to the timeline.

Return to posts index

Andrew MehtaRe: MultiClip editing
by on Jan 28, 2016 at 3:06:44 am

Busy atm, else I'd look into this, but I do know there's a tutorial from Floh here:

http://wwwold.borisfx.com/videos/Media100/MultiClip-Editing.php

Return to posts index

by on Jan 28, 2016 at 3:59:57 am

The tutorial is what I started with.

Return to posts index

Andrew MehtaRe: MultiClip editing
by on Jan 28, 2016 at 8:45:33 am

Apologies Marcus! I've never touched the multi-camera editing process in Media 100 so can't help off the top of my head. Sorry to hear Martin's tip wasn't helpful either, and odd to hear it all worked fine the other morning. Would rebooting, or trashing prefs help get things running smoothly again? I'm moving furniture atm and won't be infront of my own Media100 for a bit (not until the evening I'd imagine). I'll fiddle around then and see if I run into similar probs or not. In the meanwhile I hope Martin or others can reply some more and you get to the bottom of all this.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: MultiClip editing
by on Jan 28, 2016 at 5:53:22 pm

So your multiclip plays back in a timeline, and you are able to switch to cameras, but the switches are not "recorded"? Do you switch to a different angle, or do you cut? Switching means to switch the whole area (from and to existing take marks, or if none exist for the whole clip), while cutting means that new take marks get created…

Return to posts index

by on Jan 28, 2016 at 6:08:09 pm

It finally dawned on me to try hitting the Factory Settings button and everything appears to be working as expected. If that's not the case, Floh, I will review your post and respond accordingly. Essentially I was switching or cutting between two cameras and nothing was happening on the timeline. No light blue markers were appearing. But now that I've hit Factory Settings I am getting the light blue markers on the timeline. I don't know if terminology wise in M100-speak that is a switch or cut (I assume, cut) but I appear to be getting the desired results. I'll post back if that is not the case. Thanks!

Return to posts index

by on Jan 28, 2016 at 6:13:52 pm

Floh, your MultiClip tutorial is really good but, of course, it does not cover all scenarios. Hopefully the Media 100 stakeholders will add written instructions to the user guide that deal with MultiClip use.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]