MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M100 to Premiere XML

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack ShepardM100 to Premiere XML
by on Nov 10, 2015 at 4:31:39 pm

Sending a program over to Premiere via XML and I keep getting the message "the importer reported a generic error". It's a simple 1080p 23.98 Apple Pro Res program. Tried simplifying the program - deleting any titles, black clips, and the number of video/audio tracks but still the same message.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Andrew MehtaRe: M100 to Premiere XML
by on Nov 10, 2015 at 6:41:11 pm

I assume XML is pretty straight forward to look at - have you tried opening the XML file in a text editor, and looking for any obvious problems?

Have you another XML file that imports without the error, that you can make comparisons with? (If not, maybe get Premiere to generate an XML file and then look at any differences between that and the Media 100 one).

I haven't exported XML files from Media100 before, nor imported any to Premiere, so I'll ask around some others for further ideas.

Looking here: says Media100 is exporting to the Final Cut Pro 7 XML format. Does Premiere accept that?

How did you get on when looking at the Automatic Duck stuff you mentioned in this post: ...?

XML is plain text, I could write a web script that converts these things if I had some time.

Return to posts index

Jack ShepardRe: M100 to Premiere XML
by on Nov 10, 2015 at 7:47:55 pm

Thanks Andrew. Premiere, as far as I know, works off the same FCP7 xml system. It has worked fine in the past but I was also going from Premiere to Media 100 and not vice versa.

It seems like no matter what xml you try to import directly into Premiere from M100 I end up with the same error. I tried opening a simple program and doing that as well and ended up with the same error message. The project actually started with someone sending me a Premiere XML and it opened flawlessly. So going the other direction seems to be the problem.

I tried going through Resolve but was having a terrible time relinking media.

Currently one thing that I have tried which seems to be working is to go from M100 into After Effects and then into Premiere. It does work minus a bunch of audio level issues. The next thing I was going to try was to to download the newest AE and see if that fixes some of the audio issues.

I'll try some of the other things you suggested and see if those work as well and report back. Appreciate the thoughts!

Return to posts index

Jack ShepardRe: M100 to Premiere XML
by on Nov 10, 2015 at 10:14:07 pm

So it works going from M100 to After Effects and then into Premiere... except the audio is a mess. The tracks all switched position and suddenly there are 30 tracks instead of 24. And the levels are all over the place. Hmmmmm.....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved