MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Using HDMI port for video/audio input

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Gillen
Using HDMI port for video/audio input
on Aug 26, 2015 at 3:24:09 am

I noticed there is a greyed-out choice for video input, either HD HDMI or HDMI SD. How can I activate those since my MacBook Pro doesn't have firewire. My Sony Z7 has an HDMI out port. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Using HDMI port for video/audio input
on Aug 27, 2015 at 8:24:55 am

If you have a Kona or Matrox Card/Box that has HDMI inputs, the selection will be available.

Return to posts index

Tom Gillen
on Sep 6, 2015 at 2:15:15 am

Hi Floh,
I can't use a card because I have either an iMac or a MacBook Pro. So if I buy the Matrox box, I input SDI or HDMI into it and when it outputs HDMI into the MacBook, Media100 will allow input that way? It just turns on automatically? Why will it not work directly from the camera? I don't get it.... Oh - Or is it because of the supplied software that comes with the Matrox that turns it on?
Tom

Return to posts index

Tom Gillen
on Sep 6, 2015 at 2:21:32 am

Floh - Will the AJA Hi-5 mini converter work? It is SDI to HDMI and there's a downloadable software program for it.

Return to posts index

Tom Gillen
on Sep 6, 2015 at 2:43:49 am

Floh - I just found a Grass Valley product the something -50 that converts HDMI to firewire HDV. I think this will work for me.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Sep 6, 2015 at 8:18:36 pm

[Tom Gillen] "f I buy the Matrox box, I input SDI or HDMI into it and when it outputs HDMI into the MacBook, Media100 will allow input that way? It just turns on automatically? Why will it not work directly from the camera? I don't get it.... Oh - Or is it because of the supplied software that comes with the Matrox that turns it on?"

The MacBooks and iMac do not have a hdmi input by default. You need some sort of interface that provides a HDMI input to activate the selection within Media 100.

The SDI-HDMI converter you mentioned is just that, a converter that generates HDMI signals from HD-SDI, but not an interface or capture card for a computer.

The HDMI to FireWire converter could work, though.

Return to posts index

Tom Gillen
on Sep 6, 2015 at 9:15:32 pm

Thanks Floh. I think I will go with the Grass Valley unit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]