MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Another upgrade domino

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark FrazierAnother upgrade domino
by on May 11, 2015 at 4:42:27 pm

Not a M100 issue per se, but something tells me Floh may have an answer.....

In my recent Mac Pro upgrade from OS 10.6.3 to 10.8.5, some things got a little discombobulated. I got the newest driver for the PDW-U1 and latest version of XDCam Transfer (I shoot on the optical disc camera,) and now the images don't show up in XDCam Transfer - the image boxes are all grayed out. I can click on a box and the file shows up in the logging window, so it's somewhat still usable, but life would be much better with the preview images.

This actually started when I did a short upgrade from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8, but was hoping the newer OS and software would fix the problem.

Any ideas on how to get the software back to full functionality?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Another upgrade domino
by on May 13, 2015 at 11:24:00 am

Hi Mark,

hmmm, the XDCam Transfer proxy images do work on my systems. What kind of Codec and Camera do you use?
Have you tried to delete and re-install the XDCam Transfer stuff? Have you checked the Cache Location and Cache Size under Preferences->Cache?

Return to posts index

Mark FrazierRe: Another upgrade domino
by on May 13, 2015 at 2:46:37 pm
Last Edited By Mark Frazier on May 13, 2015 at 3:11:01 pm

I shoot on a Sony XDCam PDW-F335, Codec reads as Apple XDCAM HD 1080i60.

I used to have no problem seeing the proxy images before the upgrade. I did update to the latest Transfer software (re-installed it at least 4 times) and just tried changing the cache size and location with no success. (I did find that Mountain Lion hides the Library folder during all of this, so all is not wasted.)

Needless to say, this makes no sense to me. But I do appreciate your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved