MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

HDX junction box

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lawrence MarshallHDX junction box
by on Apr 9, 2015 at 4:46:40 pm

I know this technically should go in the "Classifieds" section, but no one will really get it, so very quickly: I have a Media 100 HDX junction box in perfect working order that I no longer use. Anyone want it for a song (or free), or should I landfill it?

Larry Marshall

Return to posts index

Andrew MehtaRe: HDX junction box
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 7:12:45 pm

Got to ask the obvious - is it just the HDX Junction Box, or the actual HDX card as well as the junction box?

Return to posts index

Lawrence MarshallRe: HDX junction box
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 7:25:10 pm

At this point, just the junction box. I have the HDX card in an old Powermac tower... serves as a way to view Media 100 footage that I digitized in HDX if I have to. Haven't tried the latest M100 codecs to see if they will open old files (and then I wouldn't need the card)...

Return to posts index

Andrew MehtaRe: HDX junction box
by on Apr 10, 2015 at 7:54:43 pm

HDX is still an excellent bit of kit, in that I've heard great stuff about its upscaling and downscaling between HD and SD. It's just a bit limited in that it really only works with the G5 PowerMacs, and none of the subsequent Intel machines, =/, on account of their move to PCIe.

There was another thread a few weeks back about codecs:
The newest codecs can be installed via the 15-day Media100 demo:
...although this demo is for Intel Macs. [Be aware also, any files saved in new versions of Media100 won't open in older versions - and the demo has auto-save activated in the preferences by default].

Assuming yours is a PowerPC, you may want to try some codecs dated 2008, from
....perhaps these will let you play back old files without the HDX card.

I had just got a second hand Media100i when the HDX came out. I'd drool over adverts for Optibase's Media100 HD systems, but of course couldn't afford them at the time, ^_^.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved