MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

"Could not complete your request because the file was not found"

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Shepard
"Could not complete your request because the file was not found"
on Nov 17, 2014 at 5:51:37 pm

I have had to transfer an enormous project (20Tb+) with 1000's of programs and bins on to a newer computer (with thunderbolt capabilities) and the media on to a much bigger hard drive.

My problem is when I transfer over the Project - all the bins and programs go italicized (offline) and when I try to open I get the message "Could not complete your request because the file was not found". When I have had this happen before I simply would find the bin/program reopen it into the Project and delete the italicized file. However, in this case with so many programs and bins that is not such an easy task.

I copied everything to the same locations. Any other tricks to try to get them to reattach/go back online?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Gerry Condez
Re: "Could not complete your request because the file was not found"
on Nov 18, 2014 at 1:44:56 am

That happened to me several times so I just had to move all the media into a folder named
"Media 100 Media Folders" It will automatically reset paths once you open the project.

Return to posts index

Jack Shepard
on Nov 18, 2014 at 2:36:56 pm

Thanks Gerry.
It is more about the "program" and "bin" files rather than the media. The media seems to connect for the most part -- it's the "program" and "bins" in the project window that remain offline/italicized.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Nov 18, 2014 at 7:40:18 pm

You can delete the bins and programs from the project window (or create a new project), and drag and drop bins and programs (you can select multiple) from the Finder on top of the project window. This way they will show up all without having to open them one by one.

Return to posts index

Jack Shepard
on Nov 18, 2014 at 8:14:36 pm

Floh -
You just saved me days of work. Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]