MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Aspect Ratios in Media 100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Slowe
Aspect Ratios in Media 100
on Nov 15, 2014 at 10:05:07 pm

I have to import some productions in SD with 4:3 aspect that I've previously edited that I have on tape and I usually have no problem in re acquiring. Today I found that even though I'd set up the project properly I was only seeing the 16:9 aspect setting in the 'Acquire' window. I did the import anyway but it came in 16:9, even though the material was 4:3. I've never had this happen and has anyone any idea of what is the cause? I must be forgetting to re set something but for the life of me I can't find what it is!

Return to posts index

Jack Shepard
Re: Aspect Ratios in Media 100
on Nov 17, 2014 at 5:45:38 pm

This may have been what you had already done before -- but did you make sure that Preferences/Video Input/Source Standard was set to 4:3 and not 16:9?

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Nov 18, 2014 at 11:19:31 am

Jack, I went back to check and stupid me, I had the wrong setting as you suggested, thank you, I know I checked before, could the setting revert on its own? All these aspects and codecs, there is always a lot to change between projects.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Jack Shepard
on Nov 18, 2014 at 2:34:52 pm

I'm not sure if the setting could revert on their own - but an unknown mistaken click on "restore factory settings" could definitely change things. As you said, probably switched it when working on another project. There is also the "configurations" menu under the "Media 100 Suite" pulldown at the top of the screen. I never really change that but I assume it would have an effect on the whole project...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]