MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 Maverick Issues

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul JahnMedia 100 Maverick Issues
by on Nov 14, 2014 at 2:51:42 pm

Has anyone successfully operated the media 100 using OS X Maverick? I have OSX 10.9.5 running Media 100 2.1.5 on a 2 x 2.4 GHz 6 core with 48 gigs of ram. I am using a matrox MX02 card.
I continually get run time errors and crashes when doing things as mundane as rendering a fade of 1080i footage.
This system worked fine before it was upgraded to Maverick, so I am confident that the speed of the video storage drives is not the issue.
The current driver used for the Matrox is 2.6.2.
Is the only solution to downgrade the operating system?

Thanks in advance for your time and thoughts,
Paul

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Media 100 Maverick Issues
by on Nov 14, 2014 at 7:19:08 pm

We work with Mavericks and Media 100 2.1.5 heavily across multiple systems; most of them with Aja hardware, but some also with BlackMagic. No Matrox system running right now. But no crashes on rendering.
One thing you could to do see if it is related to your Matrox box is to uninstall the MXO Driver.
What kind of storage do you use? When we upgraded to Mavericks quite some time ago we had an issue with one of our storage arrays, which has been fixed by an driver update.

Return to posts index

Paul JahnRe: Media 100 Maverick Issues
by on Nov 17, 2014 at 3:48:21 pm

Video storage is a drobo 5D array. I just updated the firmware and the driver to the most recent versions. It seems a little more stable. I will get back after I edit some later this week.
Thanks,
Paul

Return to posts index

by on Nov 18, 2014 at 4:48:26 pm

Floh-
After following your suggestion and installing all new drivers for my video array; and doing a complete manual uninstall of the Matrox Mx02 driver files, with a reinstall of the Matrox 2.6.2 beta drivers I believe we are working properly.
If I find any other needed work arounds or info I will post back.
Thanks for your thoughts and time,
Paul

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Media 100 Maverick Issues
by on Nov 18, 2014 at 7:41:00 pm

Great.

Return to posts index

Jason TowerRe: Media 100 Maverick Issues
by on Nov 16, 2014 at 12:07:42 pm

It's the Matrox MXO2 that's giving you issues. Unfortunately, Matrox never released a Mavericks driver for QuickTime-based video editing software like Media 100 and FCP 7. They only did updates for FCP X, Premiere Pro CC, etc.

I read on their forum that they did create a beta driver for FCP 7 and Mavericks that should hopefully also work with Media 100, but you'll have to contact their support department in order to get it.

If you do end up getting the beta driver from them, would you mind posting here to let us know if it ended up working for you? I had to switch to an AJA T-Tap because of Matrox's lack of a Mavericks driver and only heard recently about this beta driver.

Jason W. Tower
Fiddler Films

http://www.fiddlerfilms.com

Return to posts index

by on Nov 17, 2014 at 3:52:55 pm

Jason I have had that beta driver for some time along with the afore mentioned problems. I have just updated my firmware and drivers on my video array (a Drobo 5D) per Floh and will let you know if the beta MX02 improves in performance. I am planning to reload that beta driver now that I have done the video array, and reloaded the Media 100.

Thanks,
Paul

Return to posts index

by on Nov 18, 2014 at 4:44:35 pm

Jason-
I believe I have successfully resolved the issue with the Beta driver. It required a full manual uninstall of all of the matrox files in the system library folder and individual user folders, with a re-install of the 2.6.2 beta drivers. It appears to be functioning normally as of now. If I hit a snag or needed work around I will repost.
Paul

Return to posts index

by on Nov 19, 2014 at 11:12:14 am

Great! Glad you were able to get it all working properly. Thanks for posting back with your results!

Jason W. Tower
Fiddler Films

Return to posts index

Jack ShepardRe: Media 100 Maverick Issues
by on Apr 14, 2015 at 10:56:19 am

Is the AJA T-Tap working well with Media 100? On their website it doesn't list Media 100 as supported. Can you actually output video from Media 100 with it (with the video output settings)? I'm moving away from having a tower and more to having a lean mean laptop based system.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 14, 2015 at 11:20:31 am

Yes, the AJA T-Tap works perfectly with Media 100 in Mavericks! I'm using it with my 2011 17 inch MacBook Pro.

Make sure you use the 10.6.1 driver, though. According to Floh, the new 12.1 unified driver does not work with Media 100.

Jason W. Tower
Fiddler Films

Return to posts index

Brent JeffersRe: Media 100 Maverick Issues
by on Apr 13, 2015 at 7:56:06 pm

I've had no problems running media 100 on Mavericks, however, it will not work with the Matrox MX02 box with Mavericks. My Matrox mx02 box is useless now when I had to upgrade. Talked to Media 100 tech support, they acted like I was the only one in the world having this issue, I'm so bummed that Media 100 is withering away and not doing anything to keep up.

Return to posts index

Andrew MehtaRe: Media 100 Maverick Issues
by on Apr 14, 2015 at 12:52:45 am

Paul seemed to get his MX02 card working in the end: https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/4/867780#867794

Can he give you any pointers I wonder...?

Return to posts index

by on Apr 14, 2015 at 11:41:49 am

I was never able to get our MXO2 LE to work reliably with Media 100 in Mavericks, even with the beta driver. While my MacBook Pro was recently at Apple repair, I had to temporarily edit on our 2008 Mac Pro. With the beta driver, there was no audio output from the Matrox box and Media 100 was quite unstable. I ended up having to disconnect the MXO2 LE in order to reliably use Media 100.

With that said, is any one in the market for a Matrox MXO2 LE Max with PCI and ExpressCard interfaces? ;-)

Jason W. Tower
Fiddler Films

Return to posts index

by on Apr 14, 2015 at 1:46:46 pm

With the beta driver from Matrox I was able to get stable OUTPUT only through the Matrox. This after the card wasn't even a year old.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]