MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 Tutorial ideas

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus WarrenMedia 100 Tutorial ideas
by on Oct 19, 2014 at 12:50:42 pm

I know that we have supplied Floh with ideas for tutorials, but it occurs to me that many of you long time M100 users can also produce tutorials.

Under the Windows tab in M100 there are 16 windows listed (including Edit Suite). How about a tutorial for each window? I know that Floh has covered some of these in his lessons but it could not hurt to hear from a different fact it won't hurt for more than one person to come up with lessons on the same window. Everyone has a different perspective and work flow. Of course, the tutorials can cover any subject out side of windows, but the Windows approach at least gives us some structure and ideas.

Author the tutorials however you wish, words or video, long or short, overview or in-depth. Where ever you post them just link to them from this forum and the Facebook group.

Let's help each other become even better Media 100 users and build a stronger community. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Return to posts index

Andrew MehtaRe: Media 100 Tutorial ideas
by on Oct 19, 2014 at 3:22:53 pm

Got some ideas for tutorials myself, =).

Love using Red, so will probably do a few about using that in Media100.

As you know I've been asking about tapeless workflow. I will try and figure one out, and then maybe post about that.

I'm also all over what Forbidden Technologies and Aframe are doing with cloud video atm, and I like how Aframe did a solution where you didn't have to edit in the web, but could continue to use your favourite video editor with their cloud tools. Would be cool to see if such cloud tools can work as smoothly with Media 100 as they're supposed to with FCP, Avid, and Premier. That's something I'm keen to explore, =).

Will have to wait until I get 2.1.5 though, as I just got a Mavericks MBP and 1.1.3 won't run on it. Cashflow probs, mean I won't be jumping up to 2.1.5 until December, so tutorials will have to be Christmas presents, =).

In the meanwhile, then, it's an open field..... =D.... and I look forwards to seeing what anyone else gets up to, ^_^.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Media 100 Tutorial ideas
by on Oct 21, 2014 at 9:59:02 am

Well, it seems that it's just us three who are interested in Media 100 and sharing experiences, surely there are more editors worldwide on Media 100?

You fellows seem to be only talking workflow rather than product. It would be nice to see some of each others work. My main docs. can be seen on Vimeo through this link: It should work, navigating these sites is not always straightforward.

As to the Media 100 Windows, many of them are not of much interest to me, Slip, Slide, Catch Frame I don't use, but there are others which could be of use if I understood what they do. I do my colour grading (such as it is), in the Colour FX section in the Edit Suite window and, having had some basic instruction, find it fantastic. Doubtless you all use more advanced stuff like Color or Da Vinci?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Marcus WarrenRe: Media 100 Tutorial ideas
by on Oct 23, 2014 at 2:04:39 am

Michael, I've watched about 10 minutes so far of your Alpaca doc. Probably won't finish it tonight, but I'm enjoying it!

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Media 100 Tutorial ideas
by on Oct 23, 2014 at 12:02:43 pm

Thanks Marcus, actually that's quite an old production, the hounds one and the one on the musician are rather better and mrs interesting!

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Jaeson KoszarskyRe: Media 100 Tutorial ideas
by on Oct 27, 2014 at 7:36:59 pm

"Media100 for users" might attract some new users.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved