MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 v.4 and OS 9

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefano RossiMedia 100 v.4 and OS 9
by on Sep 5, 2014 at 4:15:06 am

I have an old Power Macintosh 9600/300, which used to run Media 100 before I reinstalled the OS. I have the Media 100 version 4.0 (as it says on the CDs and the floppy) kit, consisting of the install CD, a tutorial CD, a "test" floppy disk, a couple of PCI cards and the ADB "thing" to connect before the keyboard.

After reinstalling the OS, I'm having trouble using the software. When I open Media 100 it's often unusable, as it often locks up for a few seconds. Also, some of the UI elements are blinking, I don't know why. I tried to open a few projects I already had, and it complains that the project was created with a newer version. The problem is, I'm having trouble locating the update CD; do you know if an update to that version is available online?

Return to posts index

Jaeson KoszarskyRe: Media 100 v.4 and OS 9
by on Sep 9, 2014 at 7:45:59 pm

We started out with Media100 & a Power Mac 9500 system. I've been looking through some old boxes of stuff but haven't come across anything earlier than v7 yet. If I find something older, I'll let you know.

Did you have OS9 installed before, or are you upgrading from OS8.x? A leap could introduce problems if your Media100 v4 requires updates to work correctly with OS9.

Do you have any install guides for Media100 v4 that mention supported OS versions?

If v4 is ok with OS9, a reinstall of v4 should get you a usable edit system BUT you won't be able to access projects that were made with v4.x, until you (or someone else) finds necessary v4 updates.

Looks like someone is selling a copy of Media100 v5 on ebay. Newer versions will open projects created with older versions. Just make sure it's compatible with your hardware & OS setup.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved