MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Michael Stowe, are you still out there?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus WarrenMichael Stowe, are you still out there?
by on Aug 4, 2014 at 2:11:40 am

We haven't heard from you in a while.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Michael Stowe, are you still out there?
by on Aug 4, 2014 at 2:40:50 pm

Marcus, of course I'm out there (here!). Still editing on Media 100, STILL the best editing system there is, tell me what beats it. As you say, it does look as though Boris is not planning to spend any more money on it, pity, but it would be difficult to see how it could be improved as things stand. Provided it keeps up with new OS's then I'm happy enough.

On your other points: I don't understand your enthusiasm for all the twirly, swirly Transitions. Apart from TV commercials and graphics before some programmes, who needs them? I'm editing documentaries https://vimeo.com/user17404759 which hopefully stand on their own without the need for jazzy bits and pieces. Fades and mixes are invaluable of course. Your question concerning opacity of fades is puzzling, surely the opacity graduates along the duration of the fade?

As to Tutorials from Floh, yes, it would be great to have more, and my favourite request would be a comprehensive one on Colour Grading. The RGB option is great but speaking personally I would like to refine my skills with this. Could we please have a Post from both Media 100 (Boris) and Floh, if he has time, I know he's busy running Magic Eye!

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Michael Stowe, are you still out there?
by on Aug 4, 2014 at 3:00:40 pm

[Michael Slowe] "Could we please have a Post from both Media 100 (Boris) and Floh, if he has time, I know he's busy running Magic Eye!"

Actually I am thinking about doing some color correction tutorials with Media 100s integrated color corrector and with Red. Still, you are right, I have to find some time for this. While the results usually look (hopefully) easy, it involves some work to prepare and do these things.

I will let you guys know when I find the time for them.

Floh

Return to posts index

Marcus WarrenRe: Michael Stowe, are you still out there?
by on Aug 4, 2014 at 10:47:29 pm

Michael, good to see that you are still around and just as feisty as ever. I use cuts and dissolves mostly, but since not everyone edits documentaries 100% of the time, the rest of us have to learn and use some "jazz", ya dig? As far as the opacity issue, it's weird, because on some clips I CAN'T set a node and adjust the opacity. The node won't move in the downward direction.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Michael Stowe, are you still out there?
by on Aug 5, 2014 at 11:04:34 am

Marcus, yes I'm here but goodness knows who else is. Maybe it's just summer. I'm not feisty at all, it's just that all the fancy stuff we see around is not really substance, just style. By the way, my name is with an 'L' rather than a 'T', Slowe, like my driving, (my wife wishes!).

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Robert StoneRe: Michael Stowe, are you still out there?
by on Aug 5, 2014 at 7:04:32 pm

Just all us old-timers. . .

Blessings,

Robert C. Stone
http://HippieFilm.com
http://MauiTVSpots.com

Return to posts index

Jim WisemanRe: Michael Stowe, are you still out there?
by on Aug 7, 2014 at 12:11:16 am

Since the beginning!

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1, Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Pro X 10.1.1, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1.5, Premiere Pro CS 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K, Blackmagic Teranex, Avid MC, 2013 Mac Pro Hexacore, 1 TB SSD, 64GB RAM, 2-D500: 2012 Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 16GB RAM 250GB SSD

Return to posts index

Jim DowneyRe: Michael Stowe, are you still out there?
by on Aug 14, 2014 at 8:08:16 am

Does anybody have an 844Xe system they can donate to Michael Slowe ? Please.

Return to posts index

Jim DowneyRe: Michael Stowe, are you still out there?
by on Aug 14, 2014 at 1:09:10 pm

Michael,
If you are seriously interested in teaching yourself about the dynamics that video compositing can achieve - (media 100 844Xe)
I have an 844Xe system that I last used in 2012 for a DVD menu animation. Poor Me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]