MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Audio issues

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian UhlerAudio issues
by on Jul 8, 2014 at 2:21:13 pm

I am running Media 100 ver 2.1.3 and I have recently run into the following problem. I back up my projects on DVD and sometimes when I bring them back some audio files do not relink even though the files are in the project file. When i try to import them again to link them I get "Could not import file because of error type 2048 occurred. I also work with another editor off site and I get this problem more often with his files. Anyone have any ideas?


Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Audio issues
by on Jul 10, 2014 at 3:55:52 pm

Hmmm, are you sure that these are the same audio files (meaning e.g. if you imported a Song on 2 different projects or on 2 different stations, there will be 2 copies of the media files on your drives). When media files don´t have the right "id", which gets written from Media 100 on import, the application will not relink to them even when the name is right.

If these are the "right" media files, it could be that you have a bad media drive. Did you try running the hard drive check from DiskUtility?



Return to posts index

Brian UhlerRe: Audio issues
by on Jul 23, 2014 at 4:10:04 pm

the drives are fine and the files are all where they should be. the strange thing is when i get these files all the music and and SFX used all come through. It is just the VO files. Really at a loss on this.


Return to posts index


Brian UhlerRe: Audio issues
by on Jul 23, 2014 at 4:54:12 pm

another interesting thing. these files are posted on a server and you can quick play them on the server however when you download them off the server these files won't play and again it is not on all the audio files. So something appears to be going on with the transfer. any ideas?


Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Audio issues
by on Jul 31, 2014 at 3:05:38 pm

Hmmm, I´ve seen an issue with media storage on a server, where some part of the Resource fork is not written until Media 100 is closed. What kind of error message do you get when trying to play back one of the files in QuickTime Player?



Return to posts index

Brian UhlerRe: Audio issues
by on Aug 1, 2014 at 3:01:54 pm

I get this message "The Movie could not be opened" "The file is not a movie file" Now this only happens with audio files and it is def something that happens going from the mac to server or vice versa. We did a test with the same files that were and issue by sending them through hightail. When we did that the same exact files the would not link would link up. So we have def narrowed it down to the server just can't figure out what happens between the mac and pc that is causing this issue.


Return to posts index


Ben PriceRe: Audio issues
by on Sep 12, 2014 at 1:01:12 pm

I once had a comparable (if not similar) experience. I'm not sure it is applicable now as it occurred some years ago, but perhaps it might...

The company installed / upgraded a PC server system to allow projects to be temporarily stored for 3 to 6 months between client updates - versus truly offloading the project to a traditional back-up system (linear tape, optical media, HDD, etc)

We immediately began having problems with ANY files that were pushed to the server and brought back to the M100. They appeared fine. They would play while on the server and through the finder when restored to the editing system. However, M100 would not re-link them and would sometimes throw up error messages. We COULD re-import them and manually re-edit/re-build the timeline.

After much troubleshooting, we finally determined that the PC server was not maintaining the created/modified dates for the files we pushed to it. I don't remember if it was just one of the date values or both.

Anyway, M100 used this information, along with the file name, for the media management / linking process. And once either value changed, the media would no longer associate with a project.

The IT guys could never really explain why the new server changed the file meta-data for anything that was written to it. They insisted the server was fine and is was the Mac that caused the problems.

In the end, the production department refused to continue using the server. It was eventually 'upgraded' again later to a state of operation that played well with M100 files. No explanation for why the server rewrote the created/modified dates was ever provided.

---------------------
System #1
---------------------
MacPro4.1 OS10.8
Single 2.66GHz Quad-core Xeon
3GB RAM
Media100 Suite 2.1.2
Kona LHi

---------------------
System #2
---------------------
MacPro3.1 OS10.8
Dual 2.8GHz Quad-core Xeon
8GB RAM
Media100 Suite 2.1.2
Kona LHi

---------------------
System #3
---------------------
MacBook Pro OS10.9
13" Retina, Late 2013
Single 2.4GHz Intel-core i5 (4-cores)
8GB RAM
Media100 Suite 2.1.4
No input card


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]