MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Transferring data and media to another system

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Murray Ferguson
Transferring data and media to another system
on Mar 10, 2014 at 1:57:11 am

Have a large, 2TB project which I need to archive, so that down the track it can be opened and continued on what will probably be a non media 100 system. Any thoughts on the best way to do this?

Return to posts index

Gerry Condez
Re: Transferring data and media to another system
on Mar 10, 2014 at 7:20:17 am

Might be a long time but exporting to QT might work if its edited already. I have projects over 250 GB per event, once edited and exported I get 20GB of 2 hour HD footage per job.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Mar 10, 2014 at 10:04:11 pm

Murray, I always archive my finished productions to a separate hard drive, don't you? I export from the final timeline as a QT.mov in the ProRes 422 HQ codec in 1920 X 1080i 25fps. This is the codec that I import my footage in prior to editing. A 45 minute production would work out at about 55Gb's in this codec. Exporting might take about 20 minutes I think.

I hope that this helps, very similar info as supplied by Gerry.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Murray Ferguson
on Mar 10, 2014 at 11:56:48 pm

Thanks for the replies. I probably didn't explain that too well. I have no problem archiving the project so that I can access it again, or with making a QT master file, but is there a way of ensuring that someone else, using say fcp or avid can open the project up and continue editing it, with access to all the various bins, timelines etc?
I was thinking of including an xml of the various timelines for instance. Or perhaps they would need to get trial version of M100, open it in that, and then export it to their system.
I have vague memories of Floh doing a tutorial about moving projects between M100 and FCP at some time, but I may be imagining it.

Return to posts index

Gerry Condez
on Mar 11, 2014 at 2:32:20 am

Probably your looking for an app like 7toX from Apple app store. So you can export media100 xml files to FCPx. I used that before but I remember drivers of Media 100 and FCPx uses different versions and wont output my video from Kona3 or MXO2. I guess somehow, its possible with the latest updates but have not tried again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]