MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Problems with setting source/media standard

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul CroweProblems with setting source/media standard
by on Jan 28, 2014 at 4:26:41 am

Hi there I'm running m100 suite 1.7.1 on a MacBook Pro (10.6.8) which could both do with an upgrade. But i dont have time at the moment.

I have some footage that has been shot on the sony f3 also using a pix240 box that allows us to acquire 422. Anyway, the footage is pro Rez 422 HQ 145mbs s-log gamma, shooting 1080 25p. Media100 is letting me import it very nicely comes is really fast as I've set up import parameters to match.

My problem is m100 wont let me create program timelines to match. It wont let me change the video input preferences. The only options i have available for source in are hd FireWire HDv, sd FireWire and none. None of which let me select 1080 25p source or media standards. Any help greatly appreciated.

Also any input re handling footage shot with s-log gamma would be greatly appreciate. We're shooting small spots and taking it to after effects cs5 via XML for finishing.

Regards
Paul

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Problems with setting source/media standard
by on Jan 28, 2014 at 9:15:17 am

I guess you try to create a timeline with the "New Program" command or CMD-N Shortcut. This uses the input/format setting as the base for the new timeline.

But you can also create a new timeline by using the "New Program…" menu entry (with the …), or by using CMD-Shift-N, which lets you specify the timeline setting for the new program.

Return to posts index

Paul CroweRe: Problems with setting source/media standard
by on Jan 28, 2014 at 6:19:42 pm

Thanks for that flow, i tried that. However,m100 wont give me the option to change it stays stuck in 1080i and no-other option. Its driving me a bit nuts. As i say it inputs the footage fine and lets me play the 1080 25p footage as clips just fine. Just not way of creating a time-line with the same spec. Even tryin everything you suggested. Any more thoughts?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Problems with setting source/media standard
by on Jan 28, 2014 at 6:38:17 pm

[Paul Crowe] "Thanks for that flow, i tried that. However,m100 wont give me the option to change it stays stuck in 1080i and no-other option."

This happens sometimes with a damaged Configuration setting. Go to YourUsersHomeFolder->Library->Preferences->Media 100 Suite Preferences and delete the "Current Configuration" file. And ideally the file that matches your current configuration setting (if you don´t use it, the "NTSC" setting file. Launch Media 100 and you should be good to go.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 28, 2014 at 7:25:07 pm

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response. I'll try that.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 30, 2014 at 7:25:07 pm

Thanks flow. Its fixed! Thanks so much. I have another issue now but i' ll post it as a new thread.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 30, 2014 at 7:34:50 pm

Hi there, I've been cutting some spots on a rugged LaCie drive 7200rpm via FireWire 800 connected to my 17" MacBook Pro. It was all working seemlessly, shot the client rough cuts, happy as Larry. Then annoyingly i powered down the MacBook, unplugged the drive moved it to another office and about 20 mins later the dam thing couldn't find the media. Tried find media and relink media - nothing. It seems to be just searching the main hd not the Lacie but its taking ages. Was getting embarrassing so i made my excuses and left. Can anyone help me relink my files?

The clips aren't long so a recut is not such a big deal However, i would like to start where i left off if possible.

FYI: everything, program files, bins, original footage folders and project clapper are all on the same rugged drive.

Regards
Paul

Return to posts index

by on Jan 30, 2014 at 7:52:04 pm

Hi there, I've been cutting some spots on a rugged LaCie drive 7200rpm via FireWire 800 connected to my 17" MacBook Pro. It was all working seemlessly, showed the client rough cuts, happy as Larry. Then annoyingly i powered down the MacBook, unplugged the drive moved it to another office and about 20 mins later the dam thing couldn't find the media. Tried find media and relink media - nothing. It seems to be just searching the main hd not the Lacie but its taking ages. Was getting embarrassing so i made my excuses and left. Can anyone help me relink my files?

The clips aren't long so a recut is not such a big deal However, i would like to start where i left off if possible.

FYI: everything, program files, bins, original footage folders and project clapper are all on the same rugged drive.

Regards
Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]