<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark FrazierUpgrade or stay put?
by on Oct 1, 2013 at 6:22:18 pm

Here's what I drive right now:
MacPro running OS 10.6.3
2 x 2.26 Ghz Quad-core Intel Xeon processor
Media 100 Suite v1.5
Kona LHi

I know this setup is over three years old, but it chugs along fairly well for what I do. That being said, I wouldn't turn down the opportunity for it to do more - especially fix a couple of bugs I've found (primarily in the functionality of the audio mixer in M100) but don't have a lot of opportunities between projects to see what works and what will knock over the first of many dominos covered in dollar signs.

Like many on this forum, I really like M100 and would like to stick with it as long as they will stick with us. So based on my hardware, can I run the latest version (with an appropriate OS upgrade) or will I most likely need to stick with what I have until my next hardware upgrade? If I can't jump to the latest Suite, how far can I go with the hardware I have?

My apologies if any of this info is on the Boris website (I didn't find it), but I thank you in advance for any and all info.

Return to posts index

Robert StoneRe: Upgrade or stay put?
by on Oct 2, 2013 at 2:02:33 am

Aloha Mark - as far as I can see, you should be fine with the upgrade to Suite 2. Card's good, computer's good, OS update - all good! I'm running an early 2008 MacPro 8 core with Kona LHi, Suite 2 and 10.7.5 - no problems! Hope that helps.

Robert C. Stone

Return to posts index

Mark FrazierRe: Upgrade or stay put?
by on Oct 2, 2013 at 10:11:05 pm

Thanks, Robert. That's what I was hoping to hear.

Return to posts index

Mark MooneyRe: Upgrade or stay put?
by on Oct 27, 2013 at 2:59:27 am

Hi Robert . Like you . I've been with M100 a very long time .. In fact started with 1.0!
Love the system .. And can't imagine having to go to anything else...
I'm on suite 2 .. Running snow leopard .. Runs fine .. But with the obvious bugs.. Boris lookups ,,etc..
I know I need to move to lion.. Just have lots of projects on line and scared to make the move..
Glad to hear things are working well for you.. Need to bite the bullet and do it..

Hopefully mavericks will work soon would like to move to the new Mac Pro.. Spoke with Matt at NAB and I feel like Boris is going to look out for us on the updates .. Long live M100!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved