MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 won't launch

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave SimpsonMedia 100 won't launch
by on Jul 22, 2013 at 7:38:16 pm

Hi All,

I am suddenly getting the following error when I go to start Media 100. "Could not start the application because the Media 100 Suite System is locked up. Please save all documents and quit." The splash page only gets to "Starting Hardware Interfaces" before the error message. I have version 2.1.3 with 10.6.8.

So far I have tried trashing the preferences, and doing a permissions repair. I do not believe any other software has been added or changed since I last used Media100.

Any help appreciated.

Dave Simpson

Return to posts index

Robert StoneRe: Media 100 won't launch
by on Jul 22, 2013 at 9:45:33 pm

Aloha Dave,
My solution that I do when needed is uninstall the software and then reinstall.
Goes quickly! As I recall, a restart is not needed, although perhaps recommended.

Peace and Blessings,
Bob Stone

Robert Stone

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Media 100 won't launch
by on Jul 23, 2013 at 9:44:34 am

Hmmm, does the system already try to load a project? Does not sound like it from your description.

Do you have a Hardware I/O board installed? Any new version of the board software?

And you could look in the System Preferences, under Audio->Output. What kind of output do you have selected there? Try changing the output to Line Out.

Return to posts index

Dave SimpsonRe: Media 100 won't launch
by on Jul 23, 2013 at 3:04:44 pm

Hi Robert & Floh,

Thanks for the responses. While browsing the Media 100 site for support I got their on line chat support. I found the rep quite helpful. Anyway, after trying a few of his suggestions I did end up doing an uninstall/reinstall which solved everything. It was very quick and surprisingly painless. I never did figure out what caused the problem but all's well that ends well.

Thanks for your help.

Dave Simpson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved