MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Integrate Media 100 with Boris Red

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zhang JunhaoIntegrate Media 100 with Boris Red
by on May 16, 2013 at 11:39:43 pm

With the Adobe subscription debacle at it's heights, will we see a Media-100 resurgence ?

And possibly a poor man's Smoke killer with a tighter integration of Media-100 and Boris Red ?

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Integrate Media 100 with Boris Red
by on May 17, 2013 at 9:45:58 am

In my experience there is no better editing tool than Media 100 and I'm amazed that this is not more widely accepted. The damage was done in the period of Optibase's ownership but Boris should now take the opportunity of a big publicity effort. Why does he not do this?

The people who need to carry out a lot of fancy overlaying of graphics may find Media 100 a bit limiting but for straight forward editing in the time honoured tradition of film making there is nothing to beat it. Easy to use, fast, reliable, intuitive - you name it, it has it all. You can even work in 4K with Media 100 if you're lucky enough to need it.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Zhang JunhaoRe: Integrate Media 100 with Boris Red
by on May 17, 2013 at 11:34:26 am

Precisely my point, Michael.

I'm just puzzled at how BorisFX could just sit still with Media-100 on it's hands. It could merge Media-100's code with Red's and Continuum's and have a Media-100 844/X that can well be a Smoke-killer. Most broadcasters I know use Boris plugins on a regularly basis so this is simply a no-brainer.

In hindsight, many vendors actually contributed to Adobe's and Autodesk's stronghold in the professional-video/broadcast industry by playing nice with them instead of competing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved