MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Field dominance combining HD and SD footage.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Karsner
Field dominance combining HD and SD footage.
on Mar 7, 2013 at 5:27:07 pm

I am working on a project that was shot Green screen 1080i. I am needing the final product to be SD 4x3. I have created the green screen key in After Effects in an HD timeline then dropping that into a SD timeline, resizing the HD comp, and rendering that to a 4x3 SD ProRes 422(HQ) file.

I've tried swapping the field dominance back and forth to hopefully adjust for the difference but my final video when played back through Media 100 is getting horizontal "tears" all the way across the screen in two or three different places.

When played back through Quicktime on a progressive monitor, I am not seeing this effect... only through the Media100 playback to a TV monitor.

What am I missing?

Thanks
Bob

Bob Karsner
Destiny Productions - Kentucky

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Field dominance combining HD and SD footage.
on Mar 8, 2013 at 2:33:55 pm

[Bob Karsner] "When played back through Quicktime on a progressive monitor, I am not seeing this effect... only through the Media100 playback to a TV monitor."

Which kind of hardware do you use? And is your SD 4:3 timeline interlaced or progressive? Is your master supposed to be interlaced or progressive?

Your source clips are interlaced?

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Field dominance combining HD and SD footage.
on Mar 8, 2013 at 2:35:53 pm

And what codec do you render to in AE? ProRes, as you said? If you want to have interlaced ProRes in SD, then it is supposed to be Lower field first for NTSC, Upper Field First for PAL…

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]