MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

844/x is unable to use the hardware (error code - 10805)

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne Boyko
844/x is unable to use the hardware (error code - 10805)
on Mar 5, 2013 at 9:02:58 pm

Hi all,

New to the community and the site. Just started a new job and the old 844/x video production server died ( motherboard ), so I transplanted the parts ( the Genesis Cards and SCSCI controllers etc. )into a similar machine. I worked out the drivers, updated everything however I'm unable to run 844/x or open any of its corresponding video files. I receive the following error.

"844/x is unable to use the hardware (error code - 10805)"

Device manager shows the hardware as working normally. Already uninstalled, reinstalled, reseated and repaired the software and driver packages to no avail. Any idea on what the error message means?

If the hardware cards are dead like I'm thinking they are, is there any program I can use to convert the 1TB worth of .PJR files into another format for future use?

Any guidance would be helpful, thank you very much. - WB

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: 844/x is unable to use the hardware (error code - 10805)
on Mar 8, 2013 at 2:36:32 pm

844/X should include an hardware test app. Did you run it? Did it report any hardware problems?

Return to posts index

Wayne Boyko
on Mar 11, 2013 at 5:38:42 pm

Thank you for the quick reply, receive the following error.

" Error opening M100Studio Driver.
Could not connect to the 844/x driver.
Please reinstall the driver and resetart the computer"

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Mar 13, 2013 at 9:47:59 am

Hmmm, this still sounds like a software problem; unfortunately I donĀ“t have any 844/X installers anymore. I have to look through my documentation to see if I can find anything. But overall I guess that there is something missing; either there is a problem with the driver installation (maybe not compatible with your OS version???) or with the hardware itself. But from the sound of your report I would guess it is a software issue.

Return to posts index

Wayne Boyko
on Mar 13, 2013 at 12:25:45 pm

Interesting. I have the installers ( Restore DVD, 844/x v2, 844/x v3, 844/x v3.04 )none of them in any installation order ( from a "clean" start mind you; with and with out the 844/x hardware cards physically installed )have all provided the same results. Everything is identifiable in the device manager, might just not like the new motherboard - very strange.

You wouldnt happen to be able to provide any guidance on how i might be able to convert, view or reuse the .PJR files assoicated the 844/x software? If I can at least get that I can call this case closed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]