MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Focus FireStore DR-HD100 and Media 100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Gerrity
Focus FireStore DR-HD100 and Media 100
on Feb 4, 2013 at 10:02:29 pm

Anyone have experience using a Firestore to record HDV footage and bring into Media 100? If so, are there any trip-ups and what kind of time does it take to import media and be ready to edit?

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: Focus FireStore DR-HD100 and Media 100
on Feb 5, 2013 at 6:34:08 pm

Although this may not be appropriate in this thread I used the Convergent Design box to convert my HDV footage to HD en route to importing into Media 100 for editing. As I now shoot in HD I don't need this box and would be willing to sell it for a vastly reduced sum from the original cost of £1,200 (approx $1,500). If anyone is interested I could post my E Mail address.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Andrew Mehta
on Mar 7, 2013 at 6:54:49 am

What did you find out in the end?

I've been out of video for a few years, and am just getting back into it, and want to embrace tapeless workflow, to speed up turn around time, so we can get video reports from events online asap, without having to digitise, or tape log for hours.

Return to posts index

Bruce Gerrity
on Mar 7, 2013 at 2:12:44 pm

It works okay. But the QuickTime files it generates are incompatible with the current version of QuickTime on Lion. So instead, we'll record to M2t files. These are HDV files that use MPEG-2 compression. Then to get them into Media 100, we use the ClipWrap app to rewrap them as QuickTimes. It's a little more work than I'd like, but it works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]