MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 2.1.2 force quits when starting; can't get past "Initializing Preference Menus"

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucas BelkindMedia 100 2.1.2 force quits when starting; can't get past "Initializing Preference Menus"
by on Jan 31, 2013 at 7:22:41 pm

I'm running Mac OS X 10.7.5 and I downloaded Media 100 2.1.2 to access some old Media 100 projects I have but the application won't open. When researching this error, I've only found one other post about it saying it was caused by a corrupt pref in Boris Red linked to an old Futura Bold font. However, I don't have any Futura Bold fonts on my system. Any thoughts?

You can see the post that I'm referring to below....

Re: MEDIA 100 Suite2.1 Won't Open
by Rich Johnson on Mar 29, 2012 at 3:29:57 pm

To make a long and exhausting story short and not go over the allowed character count for this message-
I went as far as I could along with a dozen of the finest techs and mac savvy-types from around the globe at apple, Boris and beyond who had it their personal mission to solve, only to agree later to fdisk it when they ran out of options...

It turned out to be the first place you look and thought I'd covered but the issue ws not in Media 100- or QT rather an invisible corrupt pref in BORIS RED that would not uninstall or be deleted easily that was linked linked to Media100 suite and an old Futura Bold font! Which also give me intermittent freezing issues when hitting the check mark to return back to the Media100 timeline.

So I don't know how or what had happened but for now the problem is gone. Media Suite 2.1 loads and I'm creating titles again without with freezes. And Futura bold no where to be found on my drive or any of other of my 5 macs. I wonder if this message will put more Futura's in the trash? futura STD seems to be ok for those who are wondering.

OnePlace Media, llc
Suite 2.1-LHe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved