MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Offline - Online Multiclip

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim DowneyOffline - Online Multiclip
by on Jan 21, 2013 at 12:25:59 pm

Hi, is there a way to export an edl into an offline edit project from an original online project, edit in SD multiclip (6 streams) and then rebuild the multiclip edit in the original online project as HD?
I have created a 625 1080i project in Suite V2 - ingested 6 cameras of mixed P2 and AVCintra footage into M100 as Prores444 - but my 8 core mac won't playback the 6 streams simultaneously in HD (max I can get to play back in multiclip is 4 streams of HD)
I thought if the footage was in SD it may play back my six cameras in multiclip.
Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Offline - Online Multiclip
by on Jan 22, 2013 at 4:00:23 pm

If you acquire from "tape" based HD formats (by "tape" I mean something that you can control via RS422), then yes. If not, it gets much more complicated…
But why do you use ProRes 4444? I would suggest a test using ProRes 422, which is MUCH smaller than 4444, and since you are not coming from a RGB-based source and you don´t need an alpha channel there is not much you gain with 4444. Maybe your system is capable of handling 6 streams of 422, and you would be good to go.

Return to posts index

Jim DowneyRe: Offline - Online Multiclip
by on Jan 23, 2013 at 9:59:06 am

Thanks Floh, I did think about that in hindsight but was hoping for a magic phantom solution so I didn't have to re encode 10hs of footage again. Wishful thinking on my part.
I'll give prores422 a go - thanks heaps.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved