MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Something new to me. Problem?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerry CondezSomething new to me. Problem?
by on Dec 21, 2012 at 3:39:02 am

Why is my timeline like this (image) upon scrubbing. Need advice. Thanks

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Something new to me. Problem?
by on Dec 21, 2012 at 12:37:26 pm

This looks like a rare problem, where your timeline edits got screwed up. I´ve seen this on some rare occasions. If you select all on the timeline, and move your clips, does the app crash?

Usually this is related to some sort of strange overlapping of some clips. Try moving around some of them, and move them back again.

Return to posts index

Gary MilliganRe: Something new to me. Problem?
by on Dec 21, 2012 at 4:44:02 pm

Does it correct itself if you zoom in or out on the timeline? Is everything okay if you save, quit, and then open the project again?

Return to posts index

Michael HanishRe: Something new to me. Problem?
by on Dec 22, 2012 at 1:51:52 pm

I've had something similar for ages, but it only occurs in V1 and above tracks, and other than being a visual PITA, seems harmless, no corruption, no crashes. It is usually there in the same magnification after a restart. Zooming in makes it worse, zooming out, way out, makes it go away. It hasn't changes with OS updates/upgrades, but has gotten progressively worse and more persistent. Scrubbing makes the result shown, the fake parts get slowly scrubbed away. Here's the image:

Return to posts index

Gerry CondezRe: Something new to me. Problem?
by on Jan 7, 2013 at 11:20:25 pm

Hi Guys,
Thanks, I finished the project with the timeline all messed up but it never crashed and everything played smooth. It was very annoying since every time you scrub, the gaps shows everywhere. Just did a project few days back and it happened again but his time I was able to catch before it went too far when I saw it when scrubbing, only thing I did was to undo several steps back when the clip got messed up. I think it came from a bad dissolve. I hope there is a fix for this, rather not noticing the mistake and gone too far to remove the problem clip.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved