MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

NTSC HD Not Playing

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Atlas
NTSC HD Not Playing
on Dec 17, 2012 at 7:54:09 pm

I am having problems playing back NTSC HD (1920 x 1080) material in Media 100 2.1.2 I am on a Mac Pro with AJA LHe board and system OS X 10.7.4. The same material plays back fine in Quicktime and Final Cut Pro 7 on the same machine, and it also plays in Media 100 on my new 15" Macbook Pro Retina with Mountain Lion installed. WHen I try to play back in Media 100 on the Mac Pro, I get "Could not play because the CPU was unable to process the video quickly enough.", and I'm wondering if I go back to Media 100 2.1.0 if this might help. I'm also using AJA Driver 9.1

Anyone know how to help with this problem?

– Charles Atlas

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
Re: NTSC HD Not Playing
on Dec 18, 2012 at 3:01:04 am

Is your media on an external drive with a Firewire 800 or better connection?

Return to posts index

Fermin Branger
on Dec 18, 2012 at 3:38:07 am

Are you working with Apple ProRes codec? Once in a while i have had problems working in ProRes on very big projects. Few weeks ago we had one of this episodes, and I changed prefs to DVCPRO HD for render my pgm and finish that project in a rush moment. I resseted M100 Preferences but the problem persisted. Then we reinstalled Quicktime 7.6.6 and everything goes well since that.
I think that it is a issue related to some conflict between AJA driver+ Quicktime. In my case, the problem is bigger when I install the Red Rocket card drivers, and ProRes quicktimes turn my projects in a nightmare.

Fermin Branger
ALFARERIA CINEMATOGRAFICA
Caracas, Venezuela.
http://www.alfareriacine.com

Return to posts index

Charlie Atlas
on Dec 18, 2012 at 4:11:12 am

Thanks for the replies. My media is on fast external drives, I don't think that is the problem. The media plays on the same computer in both Quicktime 7.6.6 and Final Cut Pro 7.

I am using Apple Pro Res codec but it has not behaved this way before. I think it must have something to do with the AJA driver and the version of M100 and my Mac Pro. I will try re-installing QuickTime 7.6.6. The exact same material runs fine in Media 100 on my new MacBook Pro laptop.

Charlie Atlas

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Dec 18, 2012 at 11:49:23 am

This also could be related to your Aja board placement inside your Mac Pro. On the Aja support website, there is a section that shows which slots to use with the Aja board, depending on which MacPro you have.

Return to posts index

Charlie Atlas
on Dec 18, 2012 at 6:20:52 pm

I've been using the same setup for nearly 5 years with no problems. My only thought is that with my LHe board (which is now considered legacy) could it be that I need to go back to Media 100 2.1.0 from my current updated 2.1.2 since I'm still running OS X Lion? I'm using the recommended driver v 9.1.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Dec 18, 2012 at 6:23:07 pm

I am running Lion with V9.1 of the Kona driver and the latest version of Media 100 Suite on some systems. Working in 25fps and not 29.97, but usually this should make no difference. You are sure that you have not accidentally put your material on a wrong drive or into a wrong codec (like uncompressed)?

Return to posts index

Charlie Atlas
on Dec 18, 2012 at 6:28:04 pm

Yes I also have some 25fps material that plays fine. It's the 29.97 fps that is a problem. It's in ProRes just like the 25 fps material.

Return to posts index

Fermin Branger
on Dec 19, 2012 at 2:16:33 pm

Have you tried to perform a test using a different codec? Make a test using DVCPRO HD

Fermin Branger
ALFARERIA CINEMATOGRAFICA
Caracas, Venezuela.
http://www.alfareriacine.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]