MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

OMF exchange.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul CroweOMF exchange.
by on Dec 9, 2012 at 9:03:49 am

Hi folks,

I'm using M100 Suite V1.7.1 (OSX 10.6.8) and it has an option to export OMF (which I've never used) but when I tried to do this recently a pop up asks me to purchase the OMF exchange plug-in from M100.
But I cant find the link on their site.

IS this still available? Has anyone else done this? ANy info or comments most appreciated.
Even better - could someone please post a link to download the OMF exchange plug in?

Kind Regards

Return to posts index

Murray FergusonRe: OMF exchange.
by on Dec 9, 2012 at 7:34:30 pm

Hi Paul, I used OMF exchange for many years but found when I moved into HD a few years back that it no longer worked. It was always a bit on the flaky side. Not sure if it's even available anymore. I now export the program to FCP and export the omf from there. Works well.

Return to posts index

Paul CroweRe: OMF exchange.
by on Dec 10, 2012 at 8:25:18 am

Thanks for that Murray,

I might look at working in and out of FCP if this doesn't work.

However, ideally id like to stay in Media 100 to generate the OMF. My way of thinking is... if the function exists in the drop down menu (which it does in 1.7.1 that I have) then its meant to work? Surely they must of had it working properly at some point. Right?

A couple of questions for you...

How long ago did you have issues (ie which release of suite),?
Where did you download the exchange file?

Cheers
Paul

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: OMF exchange.
by on Dec 10, 2012 at 3:55:59 pm

The technology for the OMF export was licensed from a 3rd party company. As far as I know they did not really upgrade their technology in the last couple of years, so the export is in the Media 100 application more or less only for legacy support.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 10, 2012 at 6:05:47 pm

Ok, thanks for that floh. Is there a way of getting an AAF sequence out of Media 100 v suite 1.7.1?

Also, could you or murray please talk me through a cut sequence into FCP and out into an OMF sequence. As murray has mentioned this above. IS it possible to have audio handles doing this?

Some audio post guys have ask for OMF or AFF sequence (with handles) to work with.
What is the M100 solution for this?

Cheers

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: OMF exchange.
by on Dec 10, 2012 at 6:23:36 pm

I would go the route via FCP as well.

Return to posts index

Murray FergusonRe: OMF exchange.
by on Dec 10, 2012 at 8:35:47 pm

Paul, sorry about the delay. I'm on 1.7.1.
Here's what I do. Export the program to XML and save to the desktop. Drop the file into FCP. Open the timeline. Export using 'audio to OMF command'. Here you can choose export settings including the length of handle you want. Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 12, 2012 at 7:23:17 pm

Thanks for that Murray and Floh. I did do a trip to FC to output the OMF and although I had probs monitoring the clip in FC (playbackRT errors etc didnt hav time to sort out) I was able to create an OMF which has now gone off to the audio post dudes. Havent heard other wise so I assume all is good at their end.

Really appreciate your input on this. Thanks heaps.

CHeers
paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]