MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Anamorphic?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerry Condez
Anamorphic?
on Nov 29, 2012 at 7:58:12 pm

What is this process and how on HD if I shoot with 5D? Can anybody here explain. Thanks

Return to posts index

Fermin Branger
Re: Anamorphic?
on Nov 30, 2012 at 1:26:01 am

Hi Gerry, have you used anamorphic optics in camera?

Fermin Branger
ALFARERIA CINEMATOGRAFICA
Caracas, Venezuela.
http://www.alfareriacine.com

Return to posts index

Gerry Condez
on Nov 30, 2012 at 8:30:17 pm

Hi Fermin,
Thanks for replying. No anamorphic lens. Is it just the lens? I saw plenty examples on youtube which looked like letterboxed video, is that how it looks? Does it do the cropped video automatically? Thanks again.
Gerry

Return to posts index

Fermin Branger
on Nov 30, 2012 at 11:18:13 pm

If you haven't used anamorphic lens that gave you a squeezed image, then you have a simple 16:9 HD frame. The easiest way to work with in Media 100 is performing Log and Transfer process from Final Cut, transcoding data from it H264 codec to Apple Pro Res. After that, you can do a rapid import process from Media 100, setting preferences for HD 1080 at the same frame rate that the clips were recorded from the camera.
If you want to give a HD movie from your pgm, for youtube, vimeo, or a Qtm movie for your client, I reccomend to export using Quicktime conversion at full range to Apple Pro Res (to prevent gamma issues), and then export it from Qtm 7.6 to H264 at 5000 kbits/sec.
If you want to out to SD with a letterboxed frame, you can conform it in M100, selecting the letterbox option, or, after exporting the HD movie, you can export it from Quicktime, selecting the letterbox option and 720x486 size.
I'm not pretty sure if this is the answer that you're looking for, but I hope that it can help you.
Let me know if I've took the wrong way and, if that is the case, feel free to let me know a little bit more about your needs.
All the best

Fermin Branger
ALFARERIA CINEMATOGRAFICA
Caracas, Venezuela.
http://www.alfareriacine.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]