MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

M-100 & FCP6 living together

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary StoneM-100 & FCP6 living together
by on Nov 29, 2012 at 12:06:48 am

I recall some posts from way back that detailed how M-100 & FCP can live in the same machine albeit on different drives. I have a MacPro 4-core with an AJA KonaLHe board & breakout box.

I've been an M-100 user since the days of the dongle, but now I have a project that requires me to play in the world of FCP (but only to the extent of digitizing some analog tapes). The 2 applications live on different drives, so I reboot when I need to change to the other NLE.

The problem I'm having is that I see a sync problem in the files that I digitize in FCP. (Picture & Sound are off by about 1/4 - 1/3 of a second.) The M-100 files digitize fine with no sync issue. Is there a way in the FCP or AJA software or hardware that this could be adjusted/corrected?

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: M-100 & FCP6 living together
by on Nov 29, 2012 at 11:25:20 am

I'm also a confirmed long standing fan of Media 100 and have digitized many of my VHS analogue tapes into my Media 100 system. What I do is to transfer the VHS on to DV tape, (I'm a film maker so have DV decks), then take the media into Media 100 in the usual way. No need for FCP at all, thank goodness!

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved