MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

PLEASE Need Assistance Brand New to Media 100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary ShermanPLEASE Need Assistance Brand New to Media 100
by on Nov 21, 2012 at 3:50:26 am

Ok, so here is the situation. The Agency I work for has recently lost their editor. I am a FCP person so I have been thrown these projects for clients and I have been fubling along trying to figure it out. I almost have this project he walked out on done but I keep having trouble moving a keyframe font over to Media 100 from AfterEffect. It either says that there is a memory issue and locks the program up or the format I bring in is incredibly small and shoved into the corner of the frame.. Please help me..

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: PLEASE Need Assistance Brand New to Media 100
by on Nov 21, 2012 at 10:45:59 am

Not really sure what you are trying to do here. Do you want to bring over a still image from AE, or a movie?

If you want to bring in a still image, make sure that it has the correct frame size (720*576 or 720*486 for SD with the correct pixel aspect ratio for 4:3 or 16:9), or 1920*1080 or 1280+720 for HD. Best is to start with a AE video preset, since they contain the correct pixel aspect corrections and dimensions.

If you want to bring in an image, you can use many filetypes like PSD, PNG among others. If you want to bring in a movie, render it in e.g. ProRes codec, or DVCProHD or Animation codec or Media 100 HD codec among others to fast-import it into Media 100 (without an additional conversion). Again, make sure that you use a supported video frame size and framerate.

Return to posts index

Gary ShermanRe: PLEASE Need Assistance Brand New to Media 100
by on Nov 21, 2012 at 3:11:52 pm

Trying to bring over an AE movie. It has a motion graphic that I want to play over video, which brings me to my next problem. If I do import a .mov from AE will the alpha layer key out?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: PLEASE Need Assistance Brand New to Media 100
by on Nov 22, 2012 at 9:49:13 am

Render it from AE with a codec that supports Alpha channel; render it with RGB+Alpha, Alpha set to straight. If you have the ProRes codec installed, render as ProRes 4444; or render as "Animation" codec with alpha

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]