MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Can't Start 2.1.2 Trial

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim VoelkerCan't Start 2.1.2 Trial
by on Nov 17, 2012 at 3:55:39 am

I'm a current Media 100 Suite 1.7 user that is trying to take a look at the 2.1.2 trial version on a new Lion based system. The program will not launch. It hangs on the spinning ball after the component loading window.

I then tired the install on a 10.6.8 system that had been running 1.7 and had the same result. Since these systems had run older versions of the Media 100 software, I went through and manually deleted everything having to do with Media 100, Boris, Red, etc. In the case of the Lion system there were stray files left over from a system migration. I've also removed all but the system fonts to rule out a conflict there. No luck.

I've since reinstalled 1.7 on the 10.6.8 system and it works fine as it did before. The Lion system is a current 15in MacBook Pro. The 10.6.8 system is a 17in MBP from 2011. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Gary MilliganRe: Can't Start 2.1.2 Trial
by on Nov 17, 2012 at 3:47:58 pm

[Tim Voelker] "I went through and manually deleted everything having to do with Media 100, Boris, Red, etc. "

In your Media 100 (1.7) Folder inside the Applications Folder. there should be an Uninstaller - run that to be sure of getting rid of everything before installing the update.

HTH

Gary

Return to posts index

Tim VoelkerRe: Can't Start 2.1.2 Trial
by on Nov 17, 2012 at 4:39:31 pm

Thanks. I tried the uninstaller first. When that wasn't working I moved to manually deleting anything having to do with Media 100 thinking there might be some older files the uninstaller was missing. I looked at the installers through Pacifist to see all the places files might be going. Nothing seemed to make a difference.

Return to posts index

Gary MilliganRe: Can't Start 2.1.2 Trial
by on Nov 17, 2012 at 8:55:29 pm

[Tim Voelker] " I tried the uninstaller first. "

Was the uninstaller you tried the one in the 1.7 version? I welcome being corrected by someone with more knowledge on this - I believe the Uninstaller is tied to the version you want to uninstall. I don't know if a newer version Uninstaller will work to completely clear off an older version. I've always done it that way. Media 100 tech support should be able to help answer that. Good luck.

Gary

Return to posts index

Tim VoelkerRe: Can't Start 2.1.2 Trial
by on Nov 18, 2012 at 3:23:03 am

Thanks for thinking about this one. I tried it the suggested way first - using the 1.7.1 uninstaller before even trying to install the new one. It was after I couldn't get it to work on two different systems using that method that I experimented with other solutions. Because I was having the same problem on several system I had hoped others had encounter a similar issue. I will try technical support as you suggested.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]