MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 T-shirts

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus WarrenMedia 100 T-shirts
by on Sep 21, 2012 at 2:08:47 am

While we patiently wait for an answer to Jack Shepard's Next Version of Media 100 post, Boris, how about making some cool Media 100 T-shirts and caps and offering them for sale?

Return to posts index

Gerry CondezRe: Media 100 T-shirts
by on Sep 21, 2012 at 1:13:04 pm

Sounds good! I'll use them.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Media 100 T-shirts
by on Sep 21, 2012 at 7:16:40 pm

I think that Marcus should be appointed as the chief PR representative of Media 100, does Boris approve this?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Andrew MehtaRe: Media 100 T-shirts
by on Sep 30, 2012 at 7:10:16 am

I'd *love* some official merchandise! =).

Would wear it with pride, ;-).

Been talking to aframe.com recently, and they're gonna announce integration with Avid, FCP, and Adobe soon... "What about Media100?" I asked, ;-)...

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Media 100 T-shirts
by on Oct 1, 2012 at 12:32:01 pm

And what was their reply Andrew?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Andrew MehtaRe: Media 100 T-shirts
by on Oct 2, 2012 at 3:56:53 am

Well, I was only speaking to the sales rep, not the developers or company owners, and I asked in a joking fashion, making it clear I realised Media100 wasn't in as wide spread use as other editing suites, so the reaction was just the typical line you hear elsewhere - they prioritise the most popular editing systems first.

They're getting more co-operation from Adobe atm, than Avid, but they've a number of ex Avid employees working for them. When I visited, I was told Avid employee #5 was behind us, working on Avid integration.

From what I can tell, it's just downloading low-res proxies, editing them locally, then sending it back to the cloud, and the low-res proxies are substituted for the high res versions in the cloud, so everything is done and ready to go. I'm immediately thinking transitions might be a problem then...although I'm sure they're working on something.

But the point is, I'm past the stage of worrying Media100 isn't industry standard. It does what I need, lets me work fast, and has professional features. I'm happy to tell people it's what I use, and if there was official merchandise - clothing, record bags [camera bags maybe?] I'd be happy to get some, wear/use it, and show my support for Media100 and Boris FX, =).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]